dual outlet valve on single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It works well . You can push the transmitter forward or back while pressurized but it does not flop around. I found just having the transmitter sticking out the side of the first stage was too rigid and may interfere with the right valve reaching back to close it. I also did not want a short hose with the transmitter. I like having movement on it so if I happen to bump it on something, it gives a little. I am the only one touching my tanks so someone lifting my cylinder by the transmitter is not a concern like some claim with a rigid mount. You could also push it all the way forward so it’s pointing down if you prefer.

As you can see, I also run a SPG so I use the same style adapter to route that hose straight down and clipped in. If you go this route, just play with it and see what location works best for you. As I run a Y valve, it’s a bit different than most so it sits between the two. I can easily reach the valves on each side and so far, I have had no issues with it.

way back when, maybe 25 years ago when I went through some of my early technical training through IANTD, I ended up buying a tank and rigging it with a double outlet valve. ... how often is this configuration used by people?
and can you think of a time when it proved to be useful? (or you wish that you'd had that set-up?)
@bradlw,

This (Y-valve on a single cylinder) has long been my "standard" configuration for moderate-depth, local (MO and AR), solo, recreational dives. I use a SS Freedom Plate and an old Halcyon Pioneer 27# wing and a simple, Hogarthian-inspired harness. This rig has served me very well for a long time.

However, a few months ago I assembled a set of BM baby bubbles (LP50's). So far, I really like this newest rig for deeper-than-moderate-depth, solo, recreational dives. (I have a relatively recent SB thread describing this rig.)

EDIT: Added the pic of a couple of my rec rigs. Left is Y-valve on single cylinder.

rx7diver

Attachments

• ScubaConfigs_20230122.jpeg
    ScubaConfigs_20230122.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 60
and so far, I have had no issues with it.
THANKS !!

I bought them at a local dive shop back when they were available a long time ago. They pop up from time to time but they are sold the same day. They still have the euro version for sale overseas but they don’t fit US cylinders. They had the version I have and they also made a nitrox model. It looked like this

A8AF1191-94F8-461C-8405-A657BB02891C.jpeg

The dual dip tube y valve would be the bees knees for one of my crazy project ideas; I’ll just keep looking.

Anybody ever turn an m25 down to a 7/8s ?

The dual dip tube y valve would be the bees knees for one of my crazy project ideas; I’ll just keep looking.

Anybody ever turn an m25 down to a 7/8s ?
Do you mean 7/8 UNF, the old neck thread, or 3/4 NPS, the current neck thread?

Do you mean 7/8 UNF, the old neck thread, or 3/4 NPS, the current neck thread?

I mean 7/8-14. Minor diameter of an M25x2 is ~ .906” and larger than major diameter of the 7/8”.

I have several 3500 psi PSTs.

I mean 7/8-14. Minor diameter of an M25x2 is ~ .908” and larger than major diameter of the 7/8”.

I have several 3500 psi PSTs.
Yeah, got it. I've got those old PSTs also. Love 'em. Have them rigged for sidemount with opposing valves (from the old manifold that was on them.)

I don't know of anyone other than Beuchat that made/makes the Y-valves with the double dip tubes and independent air paths. You do seem them on SB now and then.

Yeah, got it. I've got those old PSTs also. Love 'em. Have them rigged for sidemount with opposing valves (from the old manifold that was on them.)

Got any plugs for the uncommon side lol?

Local dive shops don’t like my modified plugs ;(
A6124A53-51BD-4254-9B9C-15399D0C887E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom