DSV cold weather rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meesier42

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a pair of DSV and I am getting ready for a trip to Alaska were the water temps are about 36F. From what I see in the manual, it has a warning to European Customers that it is only rated for above 10C temps. But then it talks about the using only sealed First stages for sub 10C temps which the DSV is.

So what is the real rating, I am not looking for something that I can sue over, just want to make sure that may equipment is actually ready to go in these low temps. As my buddy who lives up there just had his reg freeze up (not a Zeagle) on him today.

Thanks
Josh

Well I've had my DSV to 36 on my ice dive last year it performed flawlessly. I've had it in the 40 to 45 range dozens of times, at depths around 100 to 135 feet. I've never had anything that even remotely hinted at a freeflow or freeze up and I wouldn't hesitate to dive it under ice all the time.

Jim

Obviously I cannot tell you to just go out and dive the regs in 36 degree water.....BUT...I can tell you that the regs are in Europe now being CE tested for cold water usage and we expect them to pass...

In the meantime, other people who have used them in cold water might be able to give you their input.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom