Drysuit too loose in torso

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

battles2a5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just got my new ds after a looooooonnnng wait. It's a pinnacle evolution II. I had to order a size bigger than I would have wanted because I have very broad shoulders. So the arms and legs fit perfectly. The chest and shoulders fit great. The only thing wrong is that the torso is just very loose and there is a lot of extra material. Will this be ok? I'm just guessing it will shrink up once it's submerged. I'm just worried about getting weird squeezes or something with the folded material. It has a telescoping torso so at least the extra material can be stowed nicely. So I just want to see if anyone has exeperience with this. Also, any good recommendations to have this thing altered?

Thanks,
Ryan

Is there any sort of elastic "draw-string" for the waist area?

With lightweight undergarments, my suit is pretty loose and it doesn't cause a problem for me at all.

Since you've got a good fit in the arms, legs and upper torso, you probably won't have any problems with air shifting.

I doubt you'll get any pinching from folds of excess material in the lower torso.

Dive it and enjoy it! You won't need to get it altered.

Dave C

I have the same issue w/ my Whites. I have broad shoulders. To dodge the extra $ of a custom fit, I purchased mine off the rack. I ended up w/ a 3XL to fit my shoulders. The suit is a bit long in the legs & way big in the mid section. Upper torso is perfect. Doesn't seem to have a negative effect. Especially w/ a decent undergarment. Even diving it in a long sleeve T-Shirt doesn't pose an issue. I don't think you're going to have any issues.

You should be fine...you bought a great suit. One thing with that Pinnacle, as you mentioned, is the telescoping waist...it also has elastic in the back for a tighter fit that on a skinnier person causes it to bunch a little.....but with a bigger undergarment all would fit better...I know you have the right fit so dont worry about....get out and enjoy the suit :wink:

eat more. It fixed the same problem in my wetsuit.

Very cool, thanks for all the replies. I am going to try to get wet with this thing soon and practice my feet first ascents. I'll let you know how it works out.

As long as it's not so long that your feet can slip out of the boots, you'll be fine and won't notice the difference.

If you're properly weighted, the suit will shrink-wrap itself to you underwater and there won't be any "extra". Also, as you get older, the middle part will tend to fit better. :D

Terry

So I just got my new ds after a looooooonnnng wait. It's a pinnacle evolution II. I had to order a size bigger than I would have wanted because I have very broad shoulders. So the arms and legs fit perfectly. The chest and shoulders fit great. The only thing wrong is that the torso is just very loose and there is a lot of extra material. Will this be ok? I'm just guessing it will shrink up once it's submerged. I'm just worried about getting weird squeezes or something with the folded material. It has a telescoping torso so at least the extra material can be stowed nicely. So I just want to see if anyone has exeperience with this. Also, any good recommendations to have this thing altered?

Thanks,
Ryan

Yep, the legs are the perfect length. And it has suspenders and a crotch strap so the legs are pretty adjustable. It also has some pretty tall boots so I don't think my feet will ever pop out while diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom