drysuit squeezing the...uh...you know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so the briefs did the trick. Still squeezes but much more bearable. I think pants would then help even more. I just didnt want to get too hot in my pool.

Stevead, I was only going to wear the poly pants because I didnt have a set of fleece pants, nor any other pants that weren't cotton. I realize the fleece are better though. I ended up having to cancel the trip over to the quarry though because of a leaking comp hose, so I'll have time to find some fleece pants before then anyway. Btw, anyone know where I can get some cheap fleece pants?

Austin

fleece underware is very important
as you go deeper (once out of your pool) and start getting more and more crush, you'll end up with all kinds of bites and hickies from your suit if you don;t wear the underware

camshaft:
Ok, so the briefs did the trick. Still squeezes but much more bearable. I think pants would then help even more. I just didn't want to get too hot in my pool.

Stevead, I was only going to wear the poly pants because I didnt have a set of fleece pants, nor any other pants that weren't cotton. I realize the fleece are better though. I ended up having to cancel the trip over to the quarry though because of a leaking comp hose, so I'll have time to find some fleece pants before then anyway. Btw, anyone know where I can get some cheap fleece pants?

Austin

For cheap fleece pants look for an Army/Navy surplus store. The 2 in my area had plenty during the summer and they said that they get a ton of it in during the fall to satisfy all the hunters.

Finally, someplace where the female drysuit diver is at an ADVANTAGE!

For good undergarments, I found E-Bay filled my bill. Rental DUI units (needed a little wash and fabric softener) but for $70.00--I'm comfy, padded evenly and can layer when need too. Good Luck

check your dive shop too some times they have some up forsale retrunes or layways that didnt pay all of it or just have to many they might have a good deal for you too it soulds all most a littel small i dive in boxers when i do some pool work no proble what so ever

Keep in mind that you were also in a pool and being fairly shallow not able to put in enough air to aleviate squeeze without floating up. If you were to go into the pool hideously over weighted it would solve the problem. Once your in the cold water, the additional air in the suit as well as all the lovely warm clothing will keep your future kids nice and comfy.
I once forgot my warm clothes and went in the drysuit in a pair of shorts, not so comfortable but squeeze wasn't a great concern, especially when compared to the cold, which in it's own right probably had somethign to do with me not being squeezed.

Thanks for adding another reason to my "Why I Don't Dive Dry" list (well, at least not until Antarctica!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom