drysuit squeezing the...uh...you know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know your pain! I just got an Oceanic Flex drysuit and love it except for the squeezing part. The jump suit padding really helps. I really dont think briefs or boxers makes a difference though, I wear boxer briefs and it still hurt! I am going to take a drysuit class soon because this is my first drysuit and I am having a hard time with the boyancy part. Was checking the suit for leaks in the legs and got stuck upside down in the pool.

If you got stuck upside down in the pool then I'd say yes the class will benefit you. It's not hard to right yourself if you practice, and in fact I do it once in a while to keep in touch with the technique. I think it's kind of fun to inflate the suit all the way and float with the feet on the surface then try to walk around like that. I don't go deep and try it, basically I'll get deep enough so my head won't hit the bottom and inflate and do it, head stays at the same depth and the feet go up, fun.

As to undergarments, in a pinch you can use jogging stuff, sweatpants and sweatshirt. That will not keep you warm if they get wet, and you'll sweat a bit getting it damp as well. But it's better than nothing.

The important thing in a tri-lam or shell suit is some sort of undergarment, it really helps the squeeze.

Yeah, I really need to get the technique down of how to right myself while upside down. My instuctor was wearing jogging sweats when I dove with him last, I'll have to try it out. One question I have is about the dump valve on my left arm, is it suppose to leak a small amount of air when you blow up the suit? It also seam to drain really slow when I press the dump button. Does this sound like a bad valve?

I had EXACTLY the same problem.

I rented several trilams and the boys got crushed. Then, I tried a neoprene suit. No problems at all. I liked the neoprene suit so much I bought it (DUI CNSE). I strongly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom