Drysuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWSojourner

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be venturing into the drysuit market for myself and spouse soon. Our regional diving is Pacific Northwest from Oregon to British Columbia and well, we're just getting tired of the ol' wetsuit-shivers.

Recommendations/advice would be much appreciated. Any special concerns for women's drysuits? As far as budget ... I'd like to get a suit that does the job. I'd rather spend 2k on something I'm happy with than 500-1000 on something that is discouraging because it leaks. On the other hand, I'm not looking to spend just to spend either.

Thanks

I would suggest the DUI CF-200 or if your in Canada you can get really good prices on Bare ATR HD wich is a very nice trilam suit very solid except i wouldnt get the standard rubber boot they come with there way to boyant

UWSojourner:
I'll be venturing into the drysuit market for myself and spouse soon. Our regional diving is Pacific Northwest from Oregon to British Columbia and well, we're just getting tired of the ol' wetsuit-shivers.

Recommendations/advice would be much appreciated. Any special concerns for women's drysuits? As far as budget ... I'd like to get a suit that does the job. I'd rather spend 2k on something I'm happy with than 500-1000 on something that is discouraging because it leaks. On the other hand, I'm not looking to spend just to spend either.

Thanks

I like the DUI custom TLS350. Mine was purchased after I asked many people for recommendations....I really like my suit. :)

One interesting thing though...I keep forgetting I have pockets...heh

Northern Diver CNX or the Cortex if your looking for a bag suit. They are the quality and name without the DUI price, They're huge in Europe lol. Seriously though, I looked hard at the CF200 but you can't beat the CNX in warmth or price.

DUI... I love my CLX-450, great suit. I got a signature series. Not the cheapest suit out there, but might be one of the best suits available...

I have a TLS350 - I fit a stock large very nicely.

I'd buy it again in a minute.

I have the Bare ATR HD and am very satisfied with it's performance. The attached boots are a bit large (even for my boats) in a standard large suit, but with two pairs of socks they work fine.

If I bought another suit today it would be the DUI CLX450 or the TLS350. Both I dove with on the Demo Days and liked. I was a bit more fond of the TLS350 and had to dive that one a second time.

IMHO the CLX450 is backwards.

If I want a suit with tougher material somewhere, its on the LEGS and ARMS. Not the body.

If I bash up the body of the suit, I've really done something wrong. But leg (or arm for that matter) contact with the environment is something that does occasionally happen, no matter how careful you are.

While I understand you can get the ENTIRE SUIT made out of the CLX material, I have also been told that it has a bad effect on mobility and that I probably wouldn't like it.

As a consequence I ordered the TLS350 and said "nuts" to the CLX series. I'm happy with the choice.

BTW, if you do get ANY DUI suit, insist that they put either the Apeks high-profile or Sitek exhaust valve on the suit. The low-profile Apeks LEAKS, despite their claims that it does not.

I demoed two of the TLS350s and BOTH had that low profile valve - both left me with a wet arm.

I have the high profile Apeks on mine, and I come out of the suit BONE DRY.

Wow ... thanks for the info. I had read about the issue of the low-profile Apeks leaking on another thread, so thanks for the reminder.

What is a fair price for these suits? Let's say the TLS350 ... with a custom fit ( unfortunately I was allocated a bit of a wierd profile ). I don't know what "accessories" you guys think are a good idea. The DUI website seems to indicate TLS350 with special production is $2,200.

Are these suits sold at that price, or should I be expecting something less?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom