Drysuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3:
DUI does not allow dealers do discount very much, unlike Viking or Northern Diver.
Expect to be shelling out almost a grand just for the name tag.

I have to agree with Bob, you are a paying a LOT of money for the DUI lable on the suit.

I bought a Diamond self entry dry suit after a face to face comparison with a DUI TLS 350. The Diamond was built of heavier fabric, used a heavier and more durable zipper, had very functional kevlar kneepads and a superb set of Sitec valves. The Diamond suit with Thinsulate underwear was also half the price of just the DUI TLS suit. I have well over 6 years on the suit and it is still going strong.

There is certainly nothing wrong with a DUI suit but you will pay dearly for the name and perhaps the snob appeal that goes along with it.

I went through this Dave and couldn't find that extra $1,000 in the DUI price.

I heard it several times from various shops, but when we added it all up, what they were offering was at least as expensive - and in several cases more expensive - than the TLS350 ended up being.

couldn't find that extra $1,000 in the DUI price.
I based that statement on his mentioning the need for 2 suits.
It'd probably be closer to $1200 for a pair of top shelf, but what the heck is a couple hundred bucks, eh? :wink:

Back on the topic of the Northern Diver suits, their CNX series is a very decent suit, (for being a trilam) and their custom cutting charges are often non-existant for simple mods, like the shortening of arms & legs.
I would still be a dealer for them if they could figure out how to answer an email or return a phone call. :angry:

whoops, meant to say "Cortex" as the laminated suit. CNX is their "hyper compressed - resin injected" version

Thanks to all for the information!

Bob3:
I based that statement on his mentioning the need for 2 suits.
It'd probably be closer to $1200 for a pair of top shelf, but what the heck is a couple hundred bucks, eh? :wink:

Back on the topic of the Northern Diver suits, their CNX series is a very decent suit, (for being a trilam) and their custom cutting charges are often non-existant for simple mods, like the shortening of arms & legs.
I would still be a dealer for them if they could figure out how to answer an email or return a phone call. :angry:

whoops, meant to say "Cortex" as the laminated suit. CNX is their "hyper compressed - resin injected" version

Well, my TLS350 cost me ~$1300. Off-the-shelf stock large.

Most of the others I looked at that were of comparable quality were actually more expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom