Drysuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My CLX 450 is a full CLX material suit, and it doesnt restrict my movement any more than a TLS. Also, I have an APeks LP valve on mine, and I have had NO issues with it. Actually, all my buddies also have DUI's, and have had ZERO problems with them...

I have heard a few complaints about the valves, but I dont think its an issue with every single one out there.

Just to vary it a bit: Hunter VSN 1100 (they used to be called Gates rather than hunter)

DUI's "price fixing" does not permit discounts over 20%.

However, you should insist on (and get!) every bit of that. Dealer cost is ONE HALF of MSRP.

BTW, my understanding is that there is a price increase coming for '04, whether it has "hit" yet or not I don't know.

I ould look at the Bare an Whites suits as well. DUI is probably the "top of the line" suit. But IMHO many other suits stack up pretty well and dont hurt quite as much. I bought a whites catalyst quad and am very happy with it, with that said if I could afford a DUI I would have gotten one but just wasnt in my budget.

getting 20% off is reasonable. there are authorized dealers selling on e-bay with 20% off.

BTW the place on eBAY is a BIG DUI dealer, and I know people who have bought from them. If it was not for a LDS in Dothan (about 2 hours from here) that had a pool and was willing to let me play with their rental suits (for fit/sizing purposes) for a couple of hours, I would have bought from them. As it was, I got the service that one SHOULD get from a LDS at Diver's Den in Dothan, so I bought there.

I tried several DUI and OSS suits before settling on a front access OSS SAR suit. I preferred trilam shell and found that OSS used more robust nylon and offered a better value on price. I have no trouble donning and duffing the OSS with no help. I'm happy with my choice.

My LDS talked me out of DUI when I bought my first drysuit because he had something just as good . 18 months later I ordered the DUI suit anyway. Get what you want right up front. Quality costs.

Gates Pro vsn-1100 aka Hunter Pro VSN-1100

Probably cheaper to oder from England.

Bullet proof suit, cheaper than DUIs and all the reviews say its just as good :) (I have you so i am biased :p)

Back
Top Bottom