Drysuit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moonlight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone suggest a patient good instructor for a dry suit class? I live outside of Indianapolis but would be willing to travel for a good instructor. Also are there any clubs that continue to dive in the cold weather so that I may get some diving time in this year?

I would plan to attend our fall meet & greet in October at Gilboa Quarry. Several of our Great Lakes Wrecking Crew members received an intro to drysuit diving during meet & greet. You won't receive any special accolades or certificates, but we will get you in the water and provide you with the guidance needed to safety dive your drysuit. Do you own a suit already or are you planning on renting initially?

I have three very good instructors (including myself) who can take you through the course step by step and take care to make sure you get out of the course what you want to get out of it.

Our Dive Center is in Ann Arbor but we could meet you at White Star Quarry at a time that is convenient for you.

PM Me or contact me through either website below.

Thanks
Rich

There are several of us in Central Indiana who dive year round. I regularly dive with folks from Indy, Terre Haute and Bloomington throughout the year. If you'd like to come and dive with us sometime, just PM me and we can exchange contact information.

I personally don't dive much in January, February and early March. I don't mind the water temps, but it's the air temps that aren't that friendly. Plus unless we have a light winter, most of the quarries are frozen over during those months. Then there's ice diving, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Regarding the above two recommendations ... Rich and Duane ... I'd highly recommend both of those guys. You can't go wrong either way IMO.

You're welcome to come up to the great white north! Our club dives twice a week (all year) mainly ocean, but ice as well.

Thank you for all the advice and information. Sorry it took me so long to write back. I was lucky enough to go to BonAire for a diving trip. Yes, I will be contacting someone. Did 3 dives today at Hidden and had problems staying down. Trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I had 2 perfect dives a few weeks ago and was so proud of myself. Should of known karma was playing with me!

Back
Top Bottom