Question Questions about Drysuit fins and air in feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a website that seems to have all sizes of the original fusion boots in-stock:

The price ($135US) is a bit spendy but that is what the regular retail price was/is for these boots:

View attachment 830448

The boots have a velcro inside that the velcro on the sock feet line up with and their is velcro on the rim of cuff....there is also a plastic piece that goes inside the sock/feet of the suit to help "lock" the boot and suit together.

I installed the boots on my suit and use one of those hangers that the ankles slide into to hand the suit upside down to dry.

Because the velcro inside the boots is the "hook" side, I put a strip of loop side velcro over the areas that the socks/feet didn't line up with to prevent unnecessary wear and tear of the fabric.

The boots stay attached so well that I have only pulled them off a couple of times since owning my suit (2018).

Just note that the Fusion boots don't offer much in the way of ankle support at all. I put insoles from my hiking boots in the socks above the flat plastic piece and that made them more comfortable from an arch support perspective but did not add ankle support.

If you need ankle support then the Evo 4 boots on the same website are a good recommendation.

-Z
After looking into it and reading some reviews I am strongly considering the SEAC Pro HD 6mm wet suit booties. They have a thick sole with a nice metal zipper. Im debating between those and the original fusion boots that you sent a link to. I can get the SEAC for $80 compared to $135

Reactions: Zef
Or you could just try some Chuck Taylor's (Converse All stars). They lace up snug and aren't floaty on their own. I up-sized from 9 to ll and ended up with XL OMS Jetstreams which are rather light and stiff though. The CT's aren't super expensive either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom