Drysuit Favorites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to attend the DUI DOG days this summer to try out the drysuits. I won some DUI undergarments at a dive show so if I score a good deal on one that would be cool. I like the design, fit and service of DUI a lot. I also like the Whites Drysuits. Will need to try both brands.

One interesting aspect of DUI suits is the used price seems to be very reasonable even if the new price is very high. Maybe the used price is controlled by the availability of less costly new suites from competitors. I ended up purchasing a very lightly used one with all the bells and whistles for a very reasonable price that seems to feet well. The only downside is no warranty. It turned out to be a good deal for me since its built well.

The key with DUI is to find one on sale at a LDS or a special promotion. Otherwise they are very expensive.

I have been diving a Bare CD 4 ProDry for about 10 years and it gets a lot of use. I have replaced the zipper and wrist seals. A lot of commerical divers up here use them, so you know they're tough. I like the fact that they are made in Canada and they come in 16 stock sizes. The other drysuit I would consider, would be a Abyss 4mm. Tech. They are also made in Canada and are very similar to a CD 4.

As a DUI dealer we have access to their inventory of suits that were custom made for someone that didn't fit or the customer backed out of the sale. These suits are significantly lower then a brand new suit so check your local authorized dealer and tell them to pull up the current factory outlet list on DUIs dealer website. Also consider the local dive shop's rental fleet as a used purchase. They are often kept clean because we don't want to hear the renters complaints! Either way DUI is always offering a deal..buy a suit get free under garments etc. Their Polar Tec undergarments are the finest I've ever worn. Dave from Scubadelphia

Scubadelphia.com Philly, PA's only Dive Shop. Stop in and we'll get cheesesteaks.

Any drysuit that fits and doesn't leak is a favorite. Anything beyond that is icing. Currently own Fusion and CF200X.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom