Drysuit Favorites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhillyDave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just brought DUI drysuits into our shop. After working their Demo Day at Dutch Spring, PA last weekend I feel confident in the brand and their systems. Do you think any other recreational suits compare to DUI? I never liked the fit of Dive Rite or Pinnacle. Whites suits were OK. I've been diving Bare the last 4 years. Let me know your experience and thoughts....

Dave from Scubadelphia - Philly, PA

Santi suits! Call Wayne or Jason Fisch ( USA distributor) for info 908-359-1250. They are awesome suits.

Bought and then sold a whites bullet fusion, test dove a flx-extreme, and choose a Santi E-Lite. I can't say enough great things about the Santi.

We have FLX Extremes in the store and I'm gonna order them for the staff. I do want to check out the Santi suits soon.

I'm partial to DUI suits for several reasons. They are made in the USA which is important to me. I get good service and advice from the folks at the factory. I can get parts. The ones I've owned (3 to date) have been good solid performers. They fit me well.

I have been diving my Diving Concepts suit for about 8 years (finally replaced the zipper this year). Fits great, no problems, similar to DUI shell suits. A smaller company than DUI (?former employees), based in California with an east coast service center in CT.

Significantly cheaper...

Mike

DUI may produce a great product but I just don't see where they get there pricing from. The only way I could get a DUI to fit me is to go with a MTM suit and that is way out of my price range. My Bare Nex-Gen and Whites Fusion fit me off the rack and I have been very happy with both. Although I will be the first to admit nothing looks as good on a diver as a proper fitting DUI front zip suit, almost like diving in a tux. But like I said before they are way two pricey for me.

I'm with Aqua-Andy. I love my Fusion because it doesn't HAVE to fit! I can dive my husband's suit as a backup. In addition, in over four years and about 500 dives, I've found the Fusions incredibly hard to hurt. They don't look as elegant as a TLS 350 on land, but I don't buy a dry suit to wear it on land :)

so far, I only have experience with DUI. I have been able to find used that fits, plus used price, so I can't complain. From my observation, majority of the dry suit divers in my local dive sites use DUI, so it show it reputations

I'm partial to DUI suits for several reasons. They are made in the USA ...

Actually you have to wonder about this. This recall notice ScubaRecalls_1 suggests that some of DUI's prducts are made in China and imported to the US.

Udi

"July 12, 2011 - Release #11-275 - DUI Weight & Trim System Classic and DUI Weight & Trim System II
Diving Unlimited International Recalls Weight Systems Due to Drowning Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Health Canada...
Sold at: Diving equipment retailers nationwide and in Canada between July 2010 and April 2011 for about $124.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the systems and call DUI at
..."

I know their rock boots are made in China. It's hard to find anything 100% made in the USA. As far as recalls most dive gear is on a recall list at some point. DUI suits are more expensive but I would hope your LDS would work something out like a discount on DUI's awesome under garments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom