Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
It's a good thing you aren't in sales.

:lol:

dang, that was a laugh-out-loud moment

actually, i thought about not going b/c of fear of seasickness, but if the
seas are 6 feet max, i am willing to try. i am not going to let my weak
stomach stop me from seeing the Dry Tortugas

the real problem is my schedule .... sigh....

DiveGal , sorry I just got your PM about the spear fishing, I have been in the Key's the past week with my boat diving, and just got back.

As long as Marvel dosn't mind the spear fishing, I don't have a problem with it at all.

I'll be bringing my U/W camera, and looking to take some nice pics

I'm sure between everyone going, meaning more then 10 peeps, everyone will have there thing's they want to do, such as spear fishing, shooting U/W photo's , etc

Great to see everyone joining up, will be a fun trip with lot's of SB members going looks like, and good time of the year to go !!!

FLTEKDIVER:
As long as Marvel dosn't mind the spear fishing, I don't have a problem with it at all.

Marvel and I chatted and she said as long as the other folks don't mind, we're good. I chatted with Matteo and he said No Prob. You're a big OK. The only person I haven't chatted with that is definitely going is PalauDiver. We'll keep the spearos away from the non-spearos unless you want to get some action pics! I haven't dove with UG but have read some great reviews about the boat and the trip. We're goin' divin' We're goin' divin' !!!!! How on earth will I be able to wait until NOVEMBER?

YEA!!!!! I'm so glad to hear you're OK with it, too, Mr. P. Personally, I think I'll be hunting mostly bugs, but I'm glad that no one will offended if I whip out my JBL. :blinking:

Two more put thier $$$$ in the mail today. I'll ask Marvel to update the list on the first post. Bob and Nate will be joining us for the trip. We're goin' divin' ! We're goin' divin' !

DiveGal01:
Two more put thier $$$$ in the mail today. I'll ask Marvel to update the list on the first post. Bob and Nate will be joining us for the trip. We're goin' divin' ! We're goin' divin' !

Sounds Great!!

Woohohooo!! Were going diving!!

Give me a shout sometime, We'll have to do some diving localley.

I'm probley heading back down to the Keys this weekend again,but if you guys want to do the 4th, were heading back down there for 4 days with my boat, I'll keep in touch

i dropped my deposit in to them this afternoon (after arriving back from the Tortugas - a cool trip)

DiveGal, I will call them tomorrow, as a friend just told me the like to run photo trips and spear fishing trips seperatley, but I'll ask them tommorrrow if they can do both.

Here is a quote from a friend of mine, also on the form here :

I was on the boat a couple of years ago and at that time he tried to run "photo trips" or "spearfishing trips". The reasoning was that the best "photo" dive sites were in the sanctuary where spearfishing is not allowed. We made a compromise on our trip and did a little of both. You may want to discuss this option with the captain and the other members of the group.

Maybe Marvel can check, or I can also, hopfully they don't have a problem with running both. I know we planned on doing alot " in the Sanctuary " but they may have changed, Marvel is booking the trip, I'm sure she will try to accomadate everyone :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom