Dry-gloves rings on seals or no rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LordHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will purchase a new drysuit. Before I finalize, I wanted to know if you want to use a dryglove for half of your dives and no gloves for the other half, then should you get rings permenantly fixed to the seal? Or should you get silicone seal and order a kubi type system for occasional drygloves dives?

I use the si tech qcs oval rings when using no dry gloves. I pop those out and use my ultima dry glove system when I want dry gloves. Super easy.

99% of my drysuit dives are done with dry gloves. Even when it isn't that cold.
I run Kubis with the wrist seal all the time. If it will be a deep dive I put the vent tube under the seal.

I use the si tech qcs oval rings when using no dry gloves. I pop those out and use my ultima dry glove system when I want dry gloves. Super easy.
Why don't you leave the Ultima rings in and dive dry gloves or wet?

Why don't you leave the Ultima rings in and dive dry gloves or wet?
They’re a bit bulky for my liking when I don’t need dry gloves (which is most of the time.)

I've been using the original Si Tech quick gloves for around 15 years now and have never had a glove blow off. A few years ago I cut the seals out of both of my suits, my hands stay warmer and no seals to deal with. If I was doing some extreme tech dives with long deco times I would go back to using the wrist seals, but at this time I'm only doing no deco dives in relatively benign conditions.

I've been using the original Si Tech quick gloves for around 15 years now and have never had a glove blow off.
That's what I used for years also, until I moved back south and replaced my seals. Don't did cold anymore and don't need the gloves.

I have built in Kubi rings, with silicone seals and dry gloves for when its colder. I just leave the seals alone, and tuck a bit of ribbon on my undersuit through the seal when diving gloves, or tuck it and use wet gloves when not needed. I don't find the rings get in the way at all or stop me doing anything.
Rich

I have built in Kubi rings, with silicone seals and dry gloves for when its colder. I just leave the seals alone, and tuck a bit of ribbon on my undersuit through the seal when diving gloves, or tuck it and use wet gloves when not needed. I don't find the rings get in the way at all or stop me doing anything.
Rich
What he said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom