Dry Glove Insulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used XL 660 gloves for several years until last year. The nitrile 720s are stretchier than pvc gloves, more durable and I can easily fit my XL Xerotherm gloves inside. I haven't had a puncture nor any 720 pop off when I reach for the ladder the way the pvc gloves did. I'll never go back to the 660s again.
Which docking system are you using? Stretchy and more durable sounds like a win if they are thick enough to fit in my Si-Tech ring system.

I have the Ultima system on two suits and Diving Concepts on another. Not only are the 720s more resistant to cuts and scratches, but they also go on the rings much easier than PVC gloves.

I used XL 660 gloves for several years until last year. The nitrile 720s are stretchier than pvc gloves, more durable and I can easily fit my XL Xerotherm gloves inside. I haven't had a puncture nor any 720 pop off when I reach for the ladder the way the pvc gloves did. I'll never go back to the 660s again.

Are the 720s contact cement-able? I make my own ZipSeals.

I have the Ultima system on two suits and Diving Concepts on another. Not only are the 720s more resistant to cuts and scratches, but they also go on the rings much easier than PVC gloves.
I ordered several pairs today. Thanks for the tip.

I get mine here for $4.41 per pair.
XXL on Amazon right now for $1.37/pr. I ordered a 12-pack. The smaller sizes are significantly more. I hope to get at least one 48°F dive in this weekend with the Fourth Element liners and these new 720 gloves. Ambient temp is supposed to be below 0°F. It will be interesting to see if the nitrile 720 stays pliable in the colder ambient temps. The Atlas 660 gets a little stiff in the cold air temps.

You're going to flood your arm pretty fast if you rip your glove.

I use the Viking bayonet rings and I've removed my wrist seals altogether. I believe DUI has a system which eliminates seals as well. Our water in Tobermory is generally about 39° at depth year round. We consider 48° "cool". I use a pair of medium weight liners to maintain dexterity to use my camera. When it's really cold. I also pop a pair of those chemical heat packs into my gloves (between the liner and outer glove. They make a tremendous difference.

Regarding the "risk" in flooding my suit if I tear a glove.... In 5500 dives, I have yet to tear a glove. Even if I do, I have guages on each wrist. They're on cinch straps so I can tighten them up and very little water would get past. I've the Scitech ring come unstuck in my drysuit leaving a 4" gap that dumped every bit of air out of my suit, which subsequently filled to the neck with the water. No biggie.

My liners: 2-Pack Hi-Vis Insulated Gloves

XXL on Amazon right now for $1.37/pr. I ordered a 12-pack. The smaller sizes are significantly more. I hope to get at least one 48°F dive in this weekend with the Fourth Element liners and these new 720 gloves. Ambient temp is supposed to be below 0°F. It will be interesting to see if the nitrile 720 stays pliable in the colder ambient temps. The Atlas 660 gets a little stiff in the cold air temps.
I dived them at God's Pocket last year in 46° water but the air was about the same. I didn't even notice my hands, although I kept my gloves on while on the boat deck. We'll be there for two weeks next month so it should be a bit colder than last April.

We'll be there for two weeks next month so it should be a bit colder than last April.
Jealous. I think it's been chilly up there the last few weeks. Pop some of those hand warmers in your bag... they're awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom