Dry Glove Insulation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was only concerned with adhering nitrile to contact cement.

I found the same sizing issue with the 720’s. They are too small to fit my normal insulation in. I am running 281’s and 282’s, but have concerns over their durability. I may go back to 620’s as they are a tad thinner and flexible when cold, as compared to the 660.

I'm 6'3" with large hands. I wear Xerotherm gloves under my 720s and have more than enough room. I was using XL gloves until Chris H. posted earlier about a great deal on Amazon for XXL 720s. I bought a dozen at $1.37 per pair. They have gone up to $2.84 but still a good deal.

They have some interesting products. Do you use theit heated underwear?
I also wonder how you have wired everything inside the dysuit? What would be the most convenient wiring if I plan to use a Santi Thermovalve and want to consider heated gloves and shirt from them. I don't want to have any batteries inside my suit.

I just have size 10 showa 55 natural rubber gloves. I don't think I can use the flock lined Smurf gloves well I can but i hear it's a pita to get the oring seated since I use the kubi system. I think I paid a whole 8 bucks for a ten pack on Amazon. But for warmth I use the xerotherm gloves and they work pretty good most of my dives are in mid 40s. I had a couple dives at quarry last fall that it wasn't enough and used some thin Merino wool gloves under the xerotherm and that was just about perfect and I still had plenty of mobility.

I dive a lot in cold water (-1 to 10°C) and I use 4th element xerotherm wrist warmers, which have the same function as tubes (but cannot be removed in case of glove rupture).
When water is +8°C, I use xerotherm G1 glove liners (these are great!) and below that heated gloves and vest from Santi.

I regurarly do dives of +90 minutes in that kind of temperatures without moving much.

So xerotherm is warmer than G1?

I don't know. I use the xerotherm wrist warmers combined with the G1 glove liners. I don't use the xerotherm gloves.

Back
Top Bottom