Dry Eye like symptoms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

Contributor
Reaction score
This is only indirectly scuba related, so here goes.
In the mornings my GF often has severe eye pain, almost like "dry eye" but she's still got plenty of tears. Some days it's pretty bad, and sometimes it lasts for a couple days straight.
She's been to her MD several times & they seem to be blowing it off, not sure of what it is but they seem to think its no big deal.
She's had every OTC remedy plus a couple Rx ones, saline solutions & ointments, but nothing has much effect except hot wet towels or heat packs. (I have a dozen of those snap-disk heat packs).
Has anyone heard of similar symptoms or suggest remedies she can talk to her Dr about?

Does she wear contacts? If not, I'd guess it's allergy related based on what you've posted.

As usual, without being able to interview and examine somebody, I can't come up with much that's very helpful.

Eye pain can be anything from irritation of the conjunctivae (eg. pinkeye, allergies, chemical irritation) to inflammatory conditions of the iris or deeper structures, to pressure problems like glaucoma. The best person to evalute and prescribe for eye issues is an ophthalmologist, and if she has not seen one, I would advise it.

Have her look into Candida (overgrowth of yeast) it can cause the eyes to burn and be very sore among other symptoms.
That be my guess!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom