Drive in and Dive April 4th or 5th- Aeolus/Spar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga James

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Divers from Raleigh and Durham.....start your season off with a "Drive in Special" with Tortuga Charters on April 4th or 5th. The boat leaves the dock at 9am enabling you to "drive in" from the Triangle the morning of the dives. Two dives, the Aeolus Stern and the Spar. These sites are only 90 minutes from the inlet so we should be back around 4pm. At a reduced price of $125 per diver, it is the most economical way to dive the Crystal Coast since you do not have to pay for lodging. Call me at 252-646-8754 or email at dive@tortugacharters.net

I do want to go if there are spots left!

We have moved this "Drive In Special" one week out to April 11th-12th. We have a lot of boat improvement projects underway and this sorry weather is holding up progress. That extra week should give us the extra time we need to get everything complete. Plus, the water should be a little warmer.

We have moved this "Drive In Special" one week out to April 11th-12th. We have a lot of boat improvement projects underway and this sorry weather is holding up progress. That extra week should give us the extra time we need to get everything complete. Plus, the water should be a little warmer.

I might be visiting from California that weekend. What's the water temperature like right now and what's the average in April? Wondering if I'll be able to get away with a 7mm.

I might be visiting from California that weekend. What's the water temperature like right now and what's the average in April? Wondering if I'll be able to get away with a 7mm.

Temperatures offshore should be in the mid 60's. A 7mm will be just right, especially if you add a hooded vest. Air temps are beginning to average in the low to mid 70's and the sun is shining pretty strong. But it is still not peak season diving.

Temperatures offshore should be in the mid 60's. A 7mm will be just right, especially if you add a hooded vest. Air temps are beginning to average in the low to mid 70's and the sun is shining pretty strong. But it is still not peak season diving.

I'm hoping for a good year James!! What weeks you coming to Wilmington this year??

I will be there 3rd week of May, end of July/1st part of August and back in October.

Here is a link: Charter Calendar | tortugacharters.net

All the weekend days are sold out, as well as all the july/august dates but I still have some seats available Monday-Thursday in May and October. I guess I am getting a reputation for having decent tooth spots.

soooo......... can locals drive in also?

If i leave at 8:58 i can make it......lol

the boat improvements are sweet....... boat is looking really nice.

i'm jonesing to get wet.

Well, it looks like I need to push this special out to the weekend of the 17th/18th. I am nearing completion of a huge refit of Tortuga, and although I have accomplished a huge amount, doesn't look like I will have Tortuga 100% put back together in time to run on the 11th. I should be finished by the end of the week, but I never run an offshore charter without a complete spring shakedown of all ship's systems. That means running her for at least 10 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom