Dredging at the Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kbear:
If this info is correct that sucks. I'm supposed to do my AOW there the weekend of June 22. I'll have to call my LDS tomorrow about it.

Keep us as up to date as possible. Thanks!

The hole will open on weekends, but the diving may suffer. Hard to say, I've heard some say they are dredging, and others comment on wall reinforcement. The outflow is good, so it may clear up quickly. In any event, I doubt the LDS will reschedule just because vis is going to be iffy.

Diving in low Vis will make you a better diver. I've done Aurora with folks that had only tropical good vis dives, and they did not do so well in low vis conditions. I agree it's not fun, but after doing some low vis diving one becomes much more proficient at using skills that are beneficial in all environments like learning to rely on a gauge to monitor depth, and keeping close track of buddies.

pipefish:
Nah, I think you'd make better guinea pig! Mud puddle might mess up my hair!

PF

Nice!! I'll consider it a "Beauty Treatment"

Lord knows it would help.......

pipefish:
Nah, I think you'd make better guinea pig! Mud puddle might mess up my hair!

PF

:rofl3: :rofl3:

Ohh yeah, we would not want that being the fashion statement that you are while geared up! :blinking:

RonFrank:
:rofl3: :rofl3:

Ohh yeah, we would not want that being the fashion statement that you are while geared up! :blinking:

Soooooooooo, are you saying the bozo the clown with mud is not in style???? :11:

speechless-smiley-004.gif
I'm really concerned about this thread....

Not much new to add, but I did get an email back from my sister-in-law. The project manager is saying that they plan to start right after Memorial Day, and hope to end no later than July 4th.
As always, that could change at any time...

Jasonmh:
Not much new to add, but I did get an email back from my sister-in-law. The project manager is saying that they plan to start right after Memorial Day, and hope to end no later than July 4th.
As always, that could change at any time...

Just curious, do you know the exact plans that they are doing? Are the dredging, or reinforcing the walls, or both. Any info would be nice. Thanks.

I "heard" that the main plan was to reinforce walls and the banks. I just hope that a major mess is not made........

OT - Jason, I like your new avator pic!! Who snapped that one and where?

I'm not sure I love the idea of wire mesh covering the walls of the hole.

My experience from watching them cover the walls in the 285 Canyon which I drive through twice daily is that if the rocks are going to fall, no amount of wire mesh, or even the 15~25' steel rivets they put into the rock will prevent that from happening.

I wonder if our little clown Mariachi Band, and the other tributes we have taken down will survive the *improvements*? :11:

HoHum, I guess if not we can bring more figurines down in the future, but with wire mesh covering everything, I'm not sure the ledges will be accessible. Where will poor Kevin hide from Rescue divers if the ledges are no longer available! :huh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom