Dredging at the Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yuck, sounds like my home bud & I better make a run quickly. Neither of us have dived since Coz in June, we're going Flower Gardens in July, need to stay in practice.

I keep thinking a nice, 6 inch siphon hose permanently installed from the gully over the spillway, then down to the bottom - with an intake that can be moved some - would suck up silt on a continuous basis, without all the expense and hassle. Anyone ever considered such...??

ABQdiver:
Ugggggg!! I got a class that will be there June 2-3............. I HOPE that they are running late (just one more week)

Might have to give the OW students a specialty in Limited Viz diving!!:confused::shakehead

Heh, bad vis at the hole beats the vis that most students face in any lake in CO! :eyebrow:

RonFrank:
Heh, bad vis at the hole beats the vis that most students face in any lake in CO! :eyebrow:
And there's Perch Lake - bad viz, but they can't fall off a ledge... :11:

pipefish:
Take pics and post them so we can all feel your pain! :popcorn:

PF

:rofl3: Better yet, stick your head in a mud puddle and let me know!! :rofl3: I think it will be about the same......... :shakehead

RonFrank:

So true!! I guess you take your blessings and knocks where they find you!!!:D

ABQdiver:
So true!! I guess you take your blessings and knocks where they find you!!!:D

I will be very anxious to see how your dives are when you go down if they are dredging. I would love to see you in June, but driving 800 miles to dive in crap vis likely will not happen! :shakehead

You could do Perch. The surface temps are nice. I'm not sure what depth the platform is at, but the water was much warmer there vs. the Hole at the surface, and I think down to 25'. At 25' my bet is that it is 57F as we hit a thermocline. I'm not 100% because we hit another at 35', but that sure felt colder than 57F, more like low 50's, high 40's, but neither computer registered lower than 57F, and we did not spend much time below 35'.

If this info is correct that sucks. I'm supposed to do my AOW there the weekend of June 22. I'll have to call my LDS tomorrow about it.

Keep us as up to date as possible. Thanks!

ABQdiver:
:rofl3: Better yet, stick your head in a mud puddle and let me know!! :rofl3: I think it will be about the same......... :shakehead

Nah, I think you'd make better guinea pig! Mud puddle might mess up my hair!

PF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom