DPV research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4P2S means 4 parallel, 2 serial.. in LIION terms, that is a 14.8V battery with e.g 2*5000mAH=10Ah capacity
8P1S with same as above is a 29.6V 5Ah battery

Right... that's what I figured (more or less). So 4P2S and 8P1S built using the same individual cells would have the same Watt-Hour capacity, right?

In which case, the theory that one is the Genesis 2.1 and the other is the 2.2 does not hold up, as they do not have the same W-Hr capacity.

Or, is this saying that the Genesis 2.1 is 8P1S, and the 2.2 is two cores that are each 4P2S, so, combined in series, they are the same voltage as the 2.1?

Looking at the warpcore manual, I think what he is saying is:
Each warpcore layer is 4P2s (8 batteries) creating ~96 Wh (travel safe)
Not sure where the 8P1S comes from..
If I were to build a battery I would be switching to newer tech than 18650's though.. 21700 at least

Looking at the warpcore manual, I think what he is saying is:
Each warpcore layer is 4P2s (8 batteries) creating ~96 Wh (travel safe)
Not sure where the 8P1S comes from..
If I were to build a battery I would be switching to newer tech than 18650's though.. 21700 at least

Isn't 8P1S also 8 batteries?

Is it possible that the layers in the 2.2 are 8P1S, since there are twice as many layers as in the 2.1?

If done the math on it Aswell and most of the time at least retrofitting old units, the 18650 is better for warp core style packs. Also finding good 21700 cell holders has proved to be a pain. vs the very common 18650 holder that's been around for a long time.

Passive: Add a heatsink to the top of the ESC plate, remove the serial number sticker, find a small 50x50 heatsink on amazon, drill a few holes in it, add some thermal paste and use the existing ESC screws to hold it down,

Jona, are you referring to early revision Blacktips for this passive cooling mod? I ask because Dive Xtras specifically manufactures a custom built heatsink for the BT ESC. I opened up my late 2021 unit to see if it needed modding and it appears to have a similar heatsink installed from the factory.

Right... that's what I figured (more or less). So 4P2S and 8P1S built using the same individual cells would have the same Watt-Hour capacity, right?
Yes each warp core layer turns into an individual 8 cell battery which is <100wh. It doesnt matter if you have a 2.1 or 2.2 as both layer configurations were tested.

Or, is this saying that the Genesis 2.1 is 8P1S, and the 2.2 is two cores that are each 4P2S, so, combined in series, they are the same voltage as the 2.1?
The other way around.

The other way around.

Back
Top Bottom