DPV Insurance ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My home insurance covers all of my diving gear, if I were to have something stolen or lose it on a dive I'll receive the full amount I paid for it minus 500SEK (~52USD), covers items up to 100K SEK and after that the fee gets a bit higher.
Had to use it once when I dropped my dive computer into the depths, as I had bought it used I had no receipt to show for it but they just blindly took my word for what I had paid for it and sent money over for a new one...

Give your insurance company a call and see what they say, I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

I an looking at insurance it’s water craft insurance
A DPV is not a watercraft or a vessel. (it isn't licensed or registered as a vessel, the coast guard does not require flares bilge blowers or lifejackets, nobody can fall off it and drown, you can't run into a yacht, it can't sink and cause an oil spill etc etc)

It's personal property covered under your homeowner's or renters coverage minus deductible. How your policy addresses depreciation and replacement cost is the biggest factor.

Ok, holy thread resurrection.

Just want to say, homeowners, condo insurance is insurance against risks known as "perils", example:

Fire and smoke
Lightning strikes
Windstorms and hail
Explosion
Vandalism and malicious mischief
Damage from an aircraft, car or vehicle
Theft
Falling objects
Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Water damage

A specific loss due to DPV flooding or being lost it is not a general listed peril in US.

What is recommended is adding a "scheduled personal property insurance" add-on that explicitly lists items and additional perils that are spelled out. It is likely you'll have to submit an item receipt before the insurance is issued. Evidently this add-on (rider) can have its own deductible or a lack off depending on terms.

While it is positively a loss of item can be added, I am not sure if flooding or other mechanical loss can be spelled out. DPV is a unique item and people in home insurance would likely not be competent to weight all possible damage and its risk. Therefore, maybe giving you some general "damage" peril, which later will be used against you to deny a claim.

Bonex's insurance is great in terms that they specifically list all possible damage, where there is no ambiguity left. But, it is available only to Bonex customers. I think they also require you to keep up scheduled maintenance by sending a dpv to the manufacturer.

Ok, holy thread resurrection.

Just want to say, homeowners, condo insurance is insurance against risks known as "perils", example:

Fire and smoke
Lightning strikes
Windstorms and hail
Explosion
Vandalism and malicious mischief
Damage from an aircraft, car or vehicle
Theft
Falling objects
Weight of ice, snow or sleet
Water damage

A specific loss due to DPV flooding or being lost it is not a general listed peril in US.

What is recommended is adding a "scheduled personal property insurance" add-on that explicitly lists items and additional perils that are spelled out. It is likely you'll have to submit an item receipt before the insurance is issued. Evidently this add-on (rider) can have its own deductible or a lack off depending on terms.

While it is positively a loss of item can be added, I am not sure if flooding or other mechanical loss can be spelled out. DPV is a unique item and people in home insurance would likely not be competent to weight all possible damage and its risk. Therefore, maybe giving you some general "damage" peril, which later will be used against you to deny a claim.

Bonex's insurance is great in terms that they specifically list all possible damage, where there is no ambiguity left. But, it is available only to Bonex customers. I think they also require you to keep up scheduled maintenance by sending a dpv to the manufacturer.

If it floods just "lose" it, in a full flood you might end up cutting it free and ditching it anyway

If it floods just "lose" it, in a full flood you might end up cutting it free and ditching it anyway

Better if it was stolen. Your personal items are insured anywhere in the world due to theft.

Depends. Some scooters have motors sealed, protected from the battery compartment flood. If one can use a lift bag or SMB to haul a flooded scooter, it might be way cheaper to replace a battery than a whole scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom