Suggestion Don't like this....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
neophytediver

neophytediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it, I don't like this new and "improved" SCUBABoard. The location of posts doesn't make sense, if anything, the layout is worse than it was, and even more difficult now to figure out where to post topics. I personally would love to meet some of the folks that complained about not being able to find anything under the old board.

cardzard:
I do think combining some forums made sense. I dont think the "Regions" to post trip reports and the "Clubs" forums together is the way to go. To many forums to navigate even after you find what your looking for. I also feel new members will NOT find the "Clubs" forums at all. Just one diver opinon, I voted NO. I been a member for about a year and a active member in the Florida Conch club but it took me about 15 mins to find our forum. I feel Newbies will Not find and join the Clubs formus which IMO is one of the best features of this board.

Clubs are regional travel forums; if you want to go to Hawaii you post in the same forum as the Hawaii club. If we had a forum for Hawaii travel and a forum for the Hawaii club you'd get nothing but tourists with no one helping in one and just the locals in the other. The problem was the old setup where people who wanted to travel to any region covered by a club were confused, lost and often just gave up. Yes it takes a few clicks to get to a club but it's much more logical, simplistic and intuitive now then it was before. Trying to find a club without any regional affiliation in a list of 50 isn't fun -- put things in an orderly manner and even with two extra clicks, more people will find it. The problem is perception -- as someone who has used the forum it is easier for you to find the forums you often use because your mind already knows where to look for them, new users don't have that luxury (nor do old members who want to go somewhere they haven't been before).

Walter:
Mexico and Central America are part of North America. The Caribbean is part of neither, but borders both, it could logically be combined with either. Putting Central America with South America is not logical.

Ok, it's not like I have anything else to do on the board these days besides move around forums and confuse more people. :wink:

South America is now South America while North America is North and that's that. The Caribbean can stay in South (until someone else tells me that I need to look at another map) in which case it will move again... Does anyone have truck big enough to re-arrange some continents?

Walter:
The Caribbean is part of neither, but borders both, it could logically be combined with either.

so you're saying that the Bahamas are in South America? Cuba is in South
America? the Cayman Islands are in South America?

as far as i know, the Caribbean is usually considered part of North America.

anyway.... having the Caribben as part of South America just seems weird

i would have neither Central America or the Caribbean under North America, but
would group them thus under one forum:

-- The Americas:

North America: Mexico and Canada
Greater Caribbean
Central America
South America

Adding a level for the Americas is way too many levels and too many clicks to get to anything important. I suppose we could move Caribbean to its own level, you people don't like to agree on anything do you?

well, that would work. hate to give you extra work, though

I kind of like it. I had a hard time finding the Scuba Chef sub-forum that Natasha moderates. It is now called "healthy recipes" which is goofy because that is not what it is about. This is now under scuba fitness ?????

A lot of the foods we had talked about in the past were ANTI-healthy but they sure tasted good. :wink:

I am not a big fan of the combination of the dive clubs. I was able to log on at work and see if anyone had posted anything new in our section. I also was able to see if anyone was browsing our section. I will learn to live with the new lay-out, but I did prefer the other lay-out.

Mitten Diver

Personally I like the new layout as a whole.

Although off the subject a lil, and maybe not in the right place, It would be nice to see a forum for the pro's. Not just Instructor to Instructor, we need something for the DM's and Instructors to hang out in. (or am I completely missing a forum some place??? lol)

Shiprekd, what do you mean by "hang out in"? the I2I is a place for instructors and DM's only, so no one else can see or post there (except for Mods, who can see but
not post unless they are Instructors or DM's themselves)

H2Andy:
Shiprekd, what do you mean by "hang out in"? the I2I is a place for instructors and DM's only, so no one else can see or post there (except for Mods, who can see but
not post unless they are Instructors or DM's themselves)

"For current Scuba instructors only please... contact a regulator for entry"

Guess I never asked for entry, my bad.... I figured I2I was only for Instructors as it implies. a DM technically isn't...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom