Suggestion Don't like this....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
neophytediver

neophytediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it, I don't like this new and "improved" SCUBABoard. The location of posts doesn't make sense, if anything, the layout is worse than it was, and even more difficult now to figure out where to post topics. I personally would love to meet some of the folks that complained about not being able to find anything under the old board.

It made sense to me, and while DIR isn't necessarily a tech organization it is probably most widely known in those circles and for their exploration dives which would fit into the category of "tech" ... now the divers with disabilities... :wink:

Keep up the great work with SB to all of you who are involved in this "house cleaning" operation. I'm sure it will all turn out beautifully in the end...

Aloha, Tim

very nice... i like the new arrangement much better. much more logical and
organized...

I dig it, it's pimp............

kidspot:
It made sense to me, and while DIR isn't necessarily a tech organization it is probably most widely known in those circles and for their exploration dives which would fit into the category of "tech" ... now the divers with disabilities... :wink:

That's why we renamed it from Tek to Technical -- we aren't trying to say DIR or the divers with disabilities is "tek" but simply that those fields are a speciality of some sort which is more technical than standard open water diving. Grouping forums is a pain but this seemed like a logical category level to establish. Thank you for your input.

I think the changes are good. I like the calender in the different sections. I do miss the overall calender with events and birthdays. You could look at it and see what was going on in other topics. Like if you were in Deep Dixie Divers mostly, you could look at the calender, and at a glance could tell if Texas Swamp Divers had any thing going that intrested you. If are close enough, or in the area and if they had some vacancy in say a flower garden dive, we could express an intrest and get an invite. The same would be true for the Florida Conch Divers in my case.

I had to vote for not liking it. Maybe once I find everything again, I will change my mind. But when I was at work, I dont have a lot of time to do searches to find where everything is again. I understand you can only please half the people half the time though.

Great job doing "Spring Cleaning"... but why did the Caribbean section of Travel end up under "Central and South America"? Cayman Islands, Bonaire, Turks and Caicos, etc. etc. etc.are NOT in Central or South America! Doesn't make sense to me.
Casey

I have to say that I really like the new layout. The forums seem much more well organized and logical. My hat is off to Tech Admin and the Moderators for this much needed update to our beloved Scubaboard.

caymancase:
but why did the Caribbean section of Travel end up under "Central and South America"? Cayman Islands, Bonaire, Turks and Caicos, etc. etc. etc.are NOT in Central or South America! Doesn't make sense to me.

I know traditional wisdom says Mexico and the Caribbean is a part of North America being as that it is above the equator but we expanded the South America region to include more land upto Mexico. However, this may not make sense... if you had your way how would you structure Mexico, The Caribbean, North America & South America (I'm asking so I know what to change it to so I don't mess up again -- yes, I am geographically challenged at times).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom