Don's Habitat or Buddy Dive in Bonaire??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pm3009

Reaction score
Any opinion on which resort is better?? Don's Habitat or
Buddy Dive?

Also, which shore dives and boat dives should we make sure
that we don't miss? My cousin and I both have Advanced C-Cards,
and have logged about 50 dives since we started diving 18 months ago.

Thanks!
Pam
pammym@juno.com
:wink:

Pam,
First I'd like to know why/how you narrowed it down to those two.
And for the dive spots, I would say don't miss the Hilma Hooker wreck dive, Pink Sands, and Thousand Steps.
There are several more, but these are my favorites for the main Island, with out going to Klein Bonaire. Although you should take a boat ride out there and do some diving if you have time.
When are you going?
:sunny:

Hi Natasha

Thanks for the tips.

We're going the last week of February.

I've heard a lot of good things about these two
resorts, which is why we were going to stay at one
or the other. Any other recommendations?

Thx.
Pam
:p

Hi Pam,

I emailed you. A some of others are Windsock, Pink Beach and Angle City. The double reef at Angle City is really neat. I will second Natasha's suggestions. We like to do the Hooker from shore, that way we can do our safety stop while looking at the fish. I understand the salt pier is also a great dive, it's on my do do list. There is a book avalible that has all the dive sites listed and is quite useful. I don't remember the exact title but it is something like "Bonaire diving made easy". You can find it at all the dive shops and it is worth the $10.

You really can't go wrong with either of these. And the reef right out in front (they're only about a hundred yards apart) is one of my favorites.
I personally prefer Buddy Dive, but that's only because that's where Murphyn, the world's greatest dive master works.
Rick

Rick is right. You can't go wrong with either one of these. I saw both places but I stayed at www.plazaresortbonaire.com
This resort is a 6 star so it will cost more then the two mentioned. I feel it was well worth the money, but I understand not everyone is looking for the best. The reef out the doors of this resort is also excellent... As all of Bonaire, is excellent. You can't go too wrong.
Have fun.
PS I was just wondering how you came up with those two, a dive magazine?
:sunny:

Hi Natasha

I learned about Buddy Dive and Captain Don's from Dive Newsgroups and Message boards....just researching for
dive trips.

Thanks for the info!

Bye
Pam

=-)

I can tell you what I have found, but I haven't been there yet. I put together a group trip that will be going there in January.

I got all of my information from a KC area travel agent that used to do eco-tourism in Bonaire and in Curacao, so she has a lot of experience.

We chose to go to the Divi Flamingo. She says that they had the nicest accomodations, and they were also the most willing to work with our group's schedule.

Catain Don's was our second choice. If we were to go all-inclusive, we would have gone there because the restaurant is supposed to be the best on the island. I have also heard that the house reef that they share with Buddy's is better than the one off of the Flamingo.

I have talked to a guy who just got back from Buddy's, and he said it was better than Captain Don's (he had been to both). He really enjoyed the freedom of Truck Diving. He also said that they ate nearly every meal at CDs.

a close friend of mine just came back from Bonaire. She and her husband used Buddy Dive and absolutely loved it. She made it sound so great that I considered cancelling plans to go to Coz to go their (in fact I'm really considering it).

Sharkman
:guitar:

Hey Sharkman,

We just got back from our first dive since OW at Coz two weeks ago. And now in two more weeks we will be in Bonaire to check it out.

Once we get back from from Bonaire, I will let you know our thoughts on comparing the two. Obviously, we think the best thing is to do them both!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom