Trip Report Bonaire 11-18 May 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only been here in Oct/Nov before, the low wind season. I can see why the seas off the east coast are choppy this time of year, it has been 20 mph winds from the east, with gusts of 35 mph since I got here five days ago. West coast has been great, but I haven't even bothered to go peek at east side yet. I imagine one can hear the waves crashing from the middle of the island on an otherwise quiet day.
I had a blast! The East Coast guys said it was a classic east side day :cool: Waiting at the surface to go down to Turtle City the waves would crash over you and push you under. Buddy/wife had her reg pulled out. One guy slipped getting aboard and split his lip. My camera fell off the bench and the clasp broke. Wife was a little green on the way in. It was a blast! I don't know why it took us 15+ years to start doing these dives. Bottom line, the actual dives are not advanced at all, but the surface conditions can be challenging. The guys running the boat are superstars!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom