Doing it Right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This explains a great deal.

AnubisDiver, your posts about the secondary reg habits of the people with whom you dive, based on depth, tell me that you are involved with a group of people who may have done some DIR training, but have gone on, over time, to modify the system to suit their own ideas. DIR is not like that. The system is the system; equipment, gases, procedures -- everything is standardized, and you don't change what your equipment looks like because you are doing a different sort of dive. In fact, the consistency of the setup and the procedures, from single-tank recreational diving on 32%, to deep staged decompression diving with multiple stages and deco bottles, is one of the great strengths of the system. If the people you are diving with have changed things, then they took their DIR training, enjoyed the parts of it that they liked, and went off in their own direction. But if it isn't standardized, it isn't DIR -- I think you can say that, no matter what your flavor of DIR diving is.

I wish you well with your class. Your mentor's Fundies reports were very powerful to me, when I was a new diver contemplating Fundamentals.

Thank you again to another great poster for a post that actually helps me...instead of spitting on me.

Thank you again very much!

…BTW - "Akimbo" ... I may have run into you in the past. If you were in the north sea - Oil Platform 40's Alpha in the late '80's early '90's. There was an American diver whose dive name was "Kimbo" wondered if you were he.

Not me. I was mostly consulting and doing project management by then. Most bells were rated for internal and external pressure, virtually all the systems were open circuit, and the biggest dive support vessel was 250' when I started in the mid 70s.

Anyway...back to asking the intellegent people here the questions.

What would yall suggest for a backup regulator? Another copy of my main or another model?

I heard great things about the A700, but maybe some of yall don't like it...what are your choices?

What would yall suggest for a backup regulator? Another copy of my main or another model?

I heard great things about the A700, but maybe some of yall don't like it...what are your choices?

Do what your DIR training tells you to do. Why do you need the opinions of a bunch of internet douches?

What do you think would be the best?

Not me. I was mostly consulting and doing project management by then. Most bells were rated for internal and external pressure, virtually all the systems were open circuit, and the biggest dive support vessel was 250' when I started in the mid 70s.

Ha ha ha !! Seemed like a fit. Jadon "Kimbo" Anderson was the guys name.

BTW Anubis Divers ... if you genuinely want to make it as a commercial diver, I would suggest you move onto it and not waste time and money right now on other training and gear that may have no application in your chosen field. You will in all probability be surface supplied, have lead boots so you can stand in currents, and be breathing a gas mix that will be utterly different from what you would experience diving in 20 or 30 feet of water.
Besides you will find the world of Oil Rigs, Harbours and Salvage operations a whole lot harsher than this forum.

I believe Dive Rite's entry into the BP/W market was the TransPlate, right? That would've been 2002/2003 time frame. Prior to that they were only offering the TransPac.

I'm looking at my paper catalogue of Dive Rite products from 2003, there's the Transpak only, and the 2004, 20th anniversary edition of the catalogue has the Transplate.

I knew there'd be a reason for hanging on to this stuff :wink:

Ha ha ha !! Seemed like a fit. Jadon "Kimbo" Anderson was the guys name.

BTW Anubis Divers ... if you genuinely want to make it as a commercial diver, I would suggest you move onto it and not waste time and money right now on other training and gear that may have no application in your chosen field. You will in all probability be surface supplied, have lead boots so you can stand in currents, and be breathing a gas mix that will be utterly different from what you would experience diving in 20 or 30 feet of water.Besides you will find the world of Oil Rigs, Harbours and Salvage operations a whole lot harsher than this forum.

I have no doubts about the environment mate...the environment doesn't give smart ass comments if you ask it a question like some of these tools here.

I always value your posts, even if I may not seem to...espcially coming from a Com Diver. Thank you...it is truely appreciated.

Humm...Lets see....go online read thousands of posts about regs, read manufacturers telling me why their's is the best...or actually ask OTHER DIVERS for their opinions....

Yea...why on earth should I do the later?!

Back
Top Bottom