Does your spit work?

How well does your spit work as defog?

• My mask still fogs, but now it has spit in it.

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Spit is a lot worse than defog

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Spit is worse than defog

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Spit is as good as defog

Votes: 52 44.1%
  • Spit is better than defog

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Spit is way better than defog

Votes: 23 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Non-spitter here!
I always use defog - unless I forgot to defog before the dive.. but spit never seems to last long and I end up with a foggy mask after a few minutes. I like commercial defog also because it is more sanitary. You mouth is full of germs and spreading them all over your lens, right there next to your eyes, just makes me gag.
Baby shampoo works really good, too. :D

I used to use defog until I forgot it once. My spit worked just as well maybe even a little better. I've never forgotten my spit. It works equally well in salt and fresh water.

we sell this stuff in our shop. works great, but i like the 500 psi way better. one application lasts me a whole weekend of diving.

JAW0002-1.jpg

Spit works for me now... But I have used my mask a few hundred times. Maybe using nothing at all would work too at this point?

Spit works for me. Let me know if any of you that spit doesn't work would like me to spit in your mask for you. :)

My spit has worked great for me for nearly 50 years. It must be all those unique enzymes I produce. In fact, it's so good one of our LDS'es has been selling it bottled for decades without a single complaint!

Spit works just as good, except when you have a cold- it really yuks up your mask- shouldn't be diving then anyways

I've seen all sorts of people recommending "spit" for defog.

The effectiveness of this seems to be extremely variable and dependent on the spitter.

Does your spit keep your mask from fogging?

I had an instructor who used toothpaste for defog. I do now, when I remember to put some in the dive bag. But spit is always my backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom