Does anyone wear identification while diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a great thread......I carry a lot of safety equipment...i.e, (safetysausage, whistle, mirror, cutting tool, plb) but overlooked ID of some sort.....I have seen zipper pulls with personalization...or another good idea would be those little dog id tags youcan buy at Petsmart.

those little dog id tags youcan buy at Petsmart.

That is a good idea... I did for my dogs but never thought to do one for myself...!!! Thanks, lee

Not sure I understand the no etonox dog tag. This is nitrous oxide correct?
Is there anyplace that would administer nitrous oxide to an unconscious person?
IF you were awake and in pain, and you know what etonox is, couldnt you simply refuse?

Jeff

I also carry my car key with me and tell my buddy that unless he wants to walk he has to find me if I go missing. Hopefully that will make him look harder. :wink:

Hahaha, awesome.

I use a med id bracelet at all times. I dislike anything tight or bulky o my wrist, and like the loose chain. Some can be engraved front and back, and can hold a lot of info.
There are many, many styles.
Medical ID Alert Bracelets and Necklaces. American Medical ID.

I like this idea a lot. Particularly the above style ^ For diving itself and travel in foreign countries. I had little laminated cards with info on them on my last trip, stuck one in a BC pocket, one in the save a dive kit, etc. On the person is much better IMO.

So, most pertinent info would be? DAN#, Emerg contact, Name, DOB, Country/Address?, Allergies, Blood type, Organ Donation?

Am I missing anything? What would be most important given the limited space on these?

Great thread!

Not sure I understand the no etonox dog tag. This is nitrous oxide correct?
Is there anyplace that would administer nitrous oxide to an unconscious person?
IF you were awake and in pain, and you know what etonox is, couldnt you simply refuse?

Jeff
If you were semi-conscious and showing signs of pain, there is a high probability in the UK it would be administered without consultation - that's why they carry it.

Additionally, is this information given at elementary level by all agencies?

Regards

I do have identification on some of my gear, especially my camera housing, but quite frankly hadn't even considered an ID on me. Good idea.

I do have identification on some of my gear, especially my camera housing, but quite frankly hadn't even considered an ID on me. Good idea.

As if anyone who's anyone where you dive wouldn't know you on sight. Heck, they could ID you just by one look at your wetsuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My gear has forms of ID from my phone number, to my name, my bunny, to the call sign I use on this forum.

Some wetsuits have hide-key pouches where you could fit a laminated slip w/ ID info.
Otherwise you can sew or neoprene cement a scrap of neoprene to the inside of your suit to make a pouch of it's own.
Silver sharpie and paint pen works too; no one really sees the inside of your suit.

Of course you can always tattoo your butt, take care of your teeth, and have a dental record. That should cover all your bases. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom