Question Does an Incorporated, non-profit scuba club need to have a signed/resigned waivers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is it best and should a Michigan non-profit dive club have its club members annually sign their club legal agreements which would typically include a club hold-harmless, and a personal injury waiver + and/or other legal doument(s) to minimize club liability.

If anyone has related information/document info or experience, please send (PM) me your related info/advice. Thanks!

Does a Michigan non-profit dive club need to have club members annually sign a club legal agreement which has a club whole-harmless, and a personal injury waiver + and/or other legal doument(s).

I am not your lawyer and I am not licensed in your jurisdiction, but if I was, I would be looking into a way to have you digitally sign the waivers. Hopefully these could be signed (digitally) each year by checking a required box on the web form when signing up / renewing your membership for the club, and you would agree to be bound by any updates published to the club’s website thereafter. I would want to work closely with your insurance company, as they will dictate if joining the 21st century is possible.

I
I am not your lawyer and I am not licensed in your jurisdiction, but if I was, I would be looking into a way to have you digitally sign the waivers. Hopefully these could be signed (digitally) each year by checking a required box on the web form when signing up / renewing your membership for the club, and you would agree to be bound by any updates published to the club’s website thereafter. I would want to work closely with your insurance company, as they will dictate if joining the 21st century is possible.
Good suggestion… I was hoping to get a head start on my club efforts by finding docs from similar club…. Hopefully from Michigan?

Is it best and should a Michigan non-profit dive club have its club members annually sign their club legal agreements which would typically include a club hold-harmless, and a personal injury waiver + and/or other legal doument(s) to minimize club liability.

If anyone has related information/document info or experience, please send (PM) me your related info/advice. Thanks!
BSAC has advice on forming and running a diving club. The one drawback for you in the US is our insurance doesn’t cover North America.

I

Good suggestion… I was hoping to get a head start on my club efforts by finding docs from similar club…. Hopefully from Michigan?

Your insurance company will have a say in what forms to use for waivers. Check with them first.

Back
Top Bottom