Does a Norte shut down the Playa ferry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, NNE is a bad direction for the island - right down the channel. I don't know what the other sites are forecasting but Underground still thinks the norther will hit tomorrow afternoon, cooler & windy Tuesday and maybe Wednesday. You just never know for sure tho. It was so late arriving here yesterday that I thought it was a no-show until the house shook and the ski turned brown. At least you won't have a dirt storm there. Cold here now behind that front but the wind lied down some. Heard it past thru Austin already, so yeah it's trying to get there. Good luck...!!
It came through Austin last night in the wee smalls, but it wasn't that bad. My-Cast predicts mid 30's here tonight and tomorrow night.

It came through Austin last night in the wee smalls, but it wasn't that bad. My-Cast predicts mid 30's here tonight and tomorrow night.
You're showing 58F with 12-24 mph, not bad. Boston Mass is warmer than here with their 47F, but we did get up to 41 anyway...

You're showing 58F with 12-24 mph, not bad. Boston Mass is warmer than here with their 47F, but we did get up to 41 anyway...
The 34 degree low predicted for tomorrow night was a bit of a surprise. I'm glad I didn't put my basil starts in the ground or set out my tropical plants yet.

It was so nice yesterday that I really thought the front was a no-show. Had some stuff in the backyard drying. It was still wet when the Brown Norther hit.

images

Well I'm hoping it's a no show, or that the boats still run from the NNE/NE or that it's not as bad. In either case, we get in at 11:30 so I'm thinking at least a shore dive if not an afternoon boat before it gets shut down (if it does). Wondering if I should call Mexico Blue Dream and get Tuesday set up now....

Damn, bad timing. :(

My prediction is that Monday we will get our morning dives in and Tueesday could be an issue if it doesn't shift more NE - we are usually ok with NE - but again (I feel like a broken record) the winds that are almost automatic are strong west, NW, N, or NNE winds - when I say "strong" = if they are over 10 -15knots - we're blown out

Christi - you are the best and have the patience of a saint to keep giving us nervous vacationers the best info possible! We're supposed to do a twilight/night combo tomorrow, but maybe we can change it to afternoon or at least get a shore dive in. Our flight arrives at 10:30am - we'll see what we can pull off!

Gonna try and get to Playa Tues if needed. We did Dos Ojos two trips ago. If we can get it going (maybe with Mateo at BA) which is 'better' Gran or Taj??

I'd love to buy you a 'thanks for the info' drink if you're around the BA this week!

Will keep the good vibes coming for your twilight/night combo tomorrow - but be prepared to have a relaxing evening with a nice dinner and drinks too :)

The other thing I always tell my divers - the wind can shift to the "good" direction as fast as it changes to the "bad" direction - so we bnever REALLY know what is going to happen until the morning of! It could literally be blowing hard at midnight and then be smooth as glass by 7am. Just like storms, this is weather and it can change at a moments notice :) Buoy weather is a reliable source though :(

I am sure I will be around BA at some point this week :)

Christi - you are the best and have the patience of a saint to keep giving us nervous vacationers the best info possible! We're supposed to do a twilight/night combo tomorrow, but maybe we can change it to afternoon or at least get a shore dive in. Our flight arrives at 10:30am - we'll see what we can pull off!

Gonna try and get to Playa Tues if needed. We did Dos Ojos two trips ago. If we can get it going (maybe with Mateo at BA) which is 'better' Gran or Taj??

I'd love to buy you a 'thanks for the info' drink if you're around the BA this week!

Hey Tunaman68:
I've been reading your posts and praying that the weather will stay perfect for you and your daughter. I wish you two could stay longer so hubby and I could dive with you again (we arrive on 4/5). At least you'll get to say HI to Carl and Mary before you leave. Lucky ducks...they get two weeks of diving!

Have a safe trip and good thoughts are coming your way for perfect weather!

islanddream

Late last night, winds were only half what was expected. Looks like they're still lower than expected, but I hear the port is closed, east side too...??

Back
Top Bottom