Do you wear a snorkel?

Do You Still Wear a Snorkel? Yes, No, and Why.

• Yes, because I was taught that way, habit, etc.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Yes, because I still use it at the surface to conserve tank air.

Votes: 52 22.5%
  • No, it gets in the way of my BC inflator, pulls my mask, etc.

Votes: 88 38.1%
  • No, I just never used it.

Votes: 46 19.9%
  • I carry a fold up snorkel.

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
I've got a better idea ... if you have nothing to contribute, don't post to the thread.
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Okay- my answer: a picture is worth a thousand words...
SB2 Avatar.jpg

If I could find a way to wear a Dandy Don hat when I go diving, I'd do that, too!

IMO, snorkels are fun. But only if you like 'em!

Diver Dennis:
One thing I don't understand is people saying they don't want to waste air on the surface. If you are not diving doubles what's the difference? You won't get a refund for the air you don't use and I always switch out tanks no matter how much air I have left.

I believe this is referring to the swim OUT to the dive site... I've had long quarry surface swims at Dutch Springs (PA) and Blue Springs (IN). Snorkel saved quite a bit of air... Once the dive is over, if we have a surface swim, I use my reg if I have enough air. Otherwise, it's back to the snorkel.

I think it might be more ideal to just add a poll to my thread... most UBB code boards I've been on won't let the poster do that, but will let the mods, so mods you're completely welcome to add a poll, or combine the threads, or whatever.

The Logic Theorist:
I think it might be more ideal to just add a poll to my thread... most UBB code boards I've been on won't let the poster do that, but will let the mods, so mods you're completely welcome to add a poll.

I just made a poll. I couldn't see how to add it to your thread as you mentioned. Feel free to vote and take some credit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom