Question Do you take your BP/W on flights? And how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weighting restrictions with luggage is such a scam considering that the weight of the passengers and baggage is incidental to the sheer weight of fuel those airliners carry. All it is is a tool to increase revenue. That’s like bringing a extra water bottle in a car then claiming it reduces fuel mileage to any meaningful degree.

That may be true, but it simply means you have to take it into account. For me, it's a given. I can't influence it anyway.

I typically pack my backplate (Freedom) fully assembled with harness and wing in my carrier on bag. Still have plenty of room for some clothes. Regulator, dive computer, and my other electronics are in my "personal item", a Stahlsac backpack. Never had a problem.

Some airlines don’t allow regulator sets in carry on. Plus the 7kg or 15lb limit.
I have found international carriers can be quite strict on this.

Why is a regulator considered a safety hazard?

Some airlines don’t allow regulator sets in carry on. Plus the 7kg or 15lb limit.
I have found international carriers can be quite strict on this.

15 lbs? TSA states 35 lbs. American Airlines doesn't even list a weight limit. My bag empty is 7.5 lbs. Where in the world limits a carry on bag to 15 lbs?

15 lbs? TSA states 35 lbs. American Airlines doesn't even list a weight limit. My bag empty is 7.5 lbs. Where in the world limits a carry on bag to 15 lbs?
Philippine airlines weights carryons and it is 15lb. We had to unload some of my wife’s stuff and place it in my carryon.
My regulator was considered a potential weapon and had to be checked.
Ridiculous I know.

Where in the world limits a carry on bag to 15 lbs?
Yeah, I'm perplexed by this as well. But apparently it's a thing since it's been mentioned here a couple of times. The only time I"ve been really restricted on weight like that is on small prop island hoppers. Of course, you have to take that into account when connecting from a "regular" airline, but I've never seen such a limited restriction on a major airline. I guess you really do learn something new every day. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom