Do you have a particular buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I met ken and I can see how his exhuberance probably effervesces down below.

Wonder if he is at high risk for the bends?

I am jealous, you guys sound like an A-team.

I got my OW cert with my significant buddy, but as she's flying off to Japan in... *sob*... nine days... *sniffle*... she wasn't able to join me in the nitrox or AOW classes, nor has she been able to join me on the vast majority of my dives (we did get three dives in last month, but I've logged 23 dives since then). I'm looking forward to visiting her in Japan and diving there, but I'm condemned to diving without her for a while.

I've been instabuddied on boats (ironically, with someone with whom we went through our OW checkout), and I've unsuccessfully tried to dive with a scubaboard buddy, but that's about the size of it. At least it makes it easier to get up and go dive when you have nobody else around, eh? (Hehe, I think I'm going to claim emotional distress for the second half of next week... If I take a few days off and go dive, I'll miss her... well... more, but I'll miss her *and* get to dive.)

TSandM wrote
As far as I can tell, he doesn't object to me going diving with other men. He does object to me going diving instead of getting any useful work done . . .

Hmmmm.

Fields need mowing.

Truck needs washing, sanding and paint touch-up.

Trailer needs washing.

Fences need repair.

Horse(s) need to be ridden (and now horse is to be moved to more expensive barn?)

Ig rides should be videotaped for further review.

Doesn't look like any lettuces/basil/cukes will be planted.

Since 1 July 2005 female spousal unit has >150 dives and expended >$(we won't actually begin to quanitfy THAT number)

Hmmmm -- And just how SHOULD the male spousal unit (who spends most of his workdays in a basement office an hour commute from home) feel?

Uh oh...Someone's in a heap o' trouble...

I'm gettin' out of here.... :D

Peter Guy:
Hmmmm.
Fields need mowing.
Trailer needs washing.
Fences need repair.
Horse(s) need to be ridden (and now horse is to be moved to more expensive barn?)
Since 1 July 2005 female spousal unit has >150 dives and expended >$(we won't actually begin to quanitfy THAT number)
Hmmmm -- And just how SHOULD the male spousal unit (who spends most of his workdays in a basement office an hour commute from home) feel?
Alive with the ebullience and effervescence that infuses him as he shares life with a woman of great passions. It's never boring.

Next question?

:D Claudette

he he.

hey Peter, when Lynne goes to SoCal, maybe we could get together and do some non-DIR photography/ diving?

Oh, I am grounded, I forgot.

catherine96821:
he he.

hey Peter, when Lynne goes to SoCal, maybe we could get together and do some non-DIR photography/ diving?

Oh, I am grounded, I forgot.
Hmmm... sounds like someone else may wish to have the "ebullience/effervescence/passion" conversation with a near-and-dear S.O. :14:

Going 'round only once :D , kindly,
Claudette

hey, these issues are out of my league.

I have a nice simple man that just tells me what I can do and what I can't. (some of us need that)

My dive buddies tend to vary depending on the conditions more than anything. If the water is warm and clear, then my wife is usually my dive buddy. If it's cold and dark, then it tends to be my best friend, Randy. If it's middle of the road conditions, then it could be any of half a dozen or so. Some like to go deep, others don't, some won't go if the vis is less than 10 feet, for others that's not a problem. Last week as an example, we had nine divers at one point, although not all in the water at the same time.

Peter Guy:
TSandM wrote

Hmmmm.

Fields need mowing.

Trailer needs washing.

Fences need repair.

Oh Lord ... do I ever know how that goes.

I don't live in my house, I just sleep there. The deck needs replacement ... as will the front porch if I don't find the time to paint it soon. The gutter downspouts are all hanging loose ... because I didn't have time to clean out the gutters last fall. The roof's got more moss than a rainforest. And the back yard's probably got a few lost animals roaming around in there. I thought about hiring someone to do all that work ... but that would cut seriously into my dive budget ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom