Do you have a particular buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive buddy is also my travel agent, which is very handy. I find I travel much more often as well as cheaply. Now if I could get my boss to allow me a wee bit more time off!

I cant find many teenaged divers to dive with me...:(...it's either because of the cost of the external dive centre i dive with or the political side eg. PADI bashing. This really ticks me off big time. So most of the time i'm the youngest diver on the charter:(

Sorry, Dive Lover! Learn all you can from the old salts while you have a chance. As you get older I would be you will find more and more dive buddies who are compatible with you.

My long term dive buddy moved away because of a job transfer last winter. Now I have a few that I have dove with lately that I have met on SB or in LDS, but nobody that I can call a full time buddy, but I'm still looking.

I've got a handful of regular dive buddies, but no primary buddy.

Jcsgt:
Sorry, Dive Lover! Learn all you can from the old salts while you have a chance. As you get older I would be you will find more and more dive buddies who are compatible with you.

yea...sticking with the LDS that i always dive with.Learning from the instructors and the owner who is also tech inclined:D I'm not going to dive with the club in my sch due to some issues that i feel might compromise my safety,although i will help out in the admin work.

I have a regular buddy, that I´ve done maybe half my dives with. We´re friends as well as buddies. When I got the urge to go into deep, claustrophobic places it only took him a year to follow. I have about 4 other buddies that I have the same level of trust in but that I don´t get to dive with as often...

For me scheduling is more about finding time to dive with everyone I want to than finding someone. I do like to dive solo and with instabuddies once in a while, to keep things fresh...

no regular buddy, but lots' of SB buddies. Hopefully diving with 3 different visiting SB buddies this week... but as much fun as it is meeting everyone, I'd like to find a regular buddy to dive with too.

Aloha, Tim

stangscuba98a:
My dad has been my diving buddy for 25 years. He is 61 now and I hope to have many many years of great diving together to come. I also dive with my brother about once a year and my wife is getting certified in a few months, so hopefully I keep my diving buddies in the family. If you cannot trust family who can you trust?

Couldn't have said it better. You are so lucky to have such a cool Dad.
Hint: wife diving soon? Make sure this goes right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom