Do you dive with strokes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be curious to know if any of the big expeditions have an objective way to assess team member's cardiac function. ...because that is the big one, probability wise.

For me, a stroke is someone who is delusional. If you take a risk you understand (dive solo, etc) that is NOT a stroke in my book. If you are perfectly DIR compliant but are oblivious to the fact that the captain is a hung over idiot who does not give a crap...well, that has some stroke-ness, lol. Being so caught up in your planning, your sac rate, your hoses, that you do not notice the big gorilla standing there, that will get you stroke status.

As will hopping in a dive van with shot suspension loaded chocka block full of cylinders and weaving down the freeway. (the way they do here)

I would be curious to know if any of the big expeditions have an objective way to assess team member's cardiac function. ...because that is the big one, probability wise.

On a close knit team, they know who is fat lazy slob and who isn't.

No, get this, it was from a heathly lifestyle. LOL

Downhill mountaining biking. Drove into a pile of rocks at 25 mph. (Took it out with my shoulder)

Going DOWNHILL on a mountain bike is a "healthy lifestyle." I hope you weren't riding the chair lifts at your local ski resort.

Next time, try riding up the hill.:wink:

No, get this, it was from a heathly lifestyle. LOL

Downhill mountaining biking. Drove into a pile of rocks at 25 mph. (Took it out with my shoulder)
Dude ... you're supposed to go around those ... :shakehead:

Reminds me of my "tree-skiing" days ... took me a while to figure out that the term was a misnomer ... :idhitit:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Absolutely, on any of these expedition sorts of diving, fitness is definetely part of the equation. Indeed I think that one of the reasons WKPP is successful is that the divers are very fit, even gifted. But that is also why some of the things they do should not be done by just anybody with a GUE card.

are we there yet?

for a thread with 'stroke' in the title this has so far exceeded my (very, very, very) low expectations...

should we lock this while we're still actually ahead?

(if you think the bikini guy was bad, it could easily get so much worse...)

I think we should have a poll for how many "DIR" divers go do 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week.

:D

I think we should have a poll for how many "DIR" divers go do 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week.

does hauling double-130s and 2 33Ah gavins down to the beach count as resistance training?

Ugh .... I'm going through a job interviewing process. If I get a 'second interview' it will consist of doing a 500 yard swim in 12 minutes or less, among other fitness requirements. It will be a kick *** job though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom