Do you dive with strokes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
6x100 on the 2min...I do that at work twice a week. And no, wandering around with doubles on doesn't equal a cardio workout.

I think we should have a poll for how many "DIR" divers go do 30 minutes of cardio at least 3 times a week.

:D

I do, actually five times a week ... but I don't claim to be DIR ... and by some people's standards, I'm the obese diver they wouldn't dive with ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

does hauling double-130s and 2 33Ah gavins down to the beach count as resistance training?

It counts as something I'm sure, but not cardio (even if you are sweating like ... well you get the idea :wink: )

I do, actually five times a week ... but I don't claim to be DIR ... and by some people's standards, I'm the obese diver they wouldn't dive with ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well Bob, according to Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator I am _just_ overweight. At 6"1" and 190 :lotsalove:

Seriously, from everything I've read, the reduction to DCI risk from excercise is strictly tied to doing light cardio between 4 and 24 hours before diving ... *shrug* I do think it's important for people to be in shape. If the brown smelly stuff does hit the spinning blades, I want someone to be able to haul my butt out of the water.

Personally, I try to do cardio 3 - 4 days a week, though having screwed up my knee earlier this year I have to be significantly more careful...

are we there yet?

for a thread with 'stroke' in the title this has so far exceeded my (very, very, very) low expectations...

should we lock this while we're still actually ahead?

(if you think the bikini guy was bad, it could easily get so much worse...)

Despite my best efforts!!:eyebrow:

yeah, i'm pretty sure i've read all the posts on this page (or previous 2 pages if you are 10 posts/page) before, by the same posters, in different threads.

so, rehashing old stuff... inflammatory title likely to attract trollage... lets close it down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom