Do you dive with or without your snorkel attached and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie99:
I continually snap my fingers to keep away elephants. Let me check......... yep, none around. It definitely works. :banana:
Elephants actually do use snorkels.

lamont:
Do you typically wear garlic to ward off vampires ... just in case?

Vampires don't exist.

You know that, right?

Right?

(Seatbelts... are... worn... (required)... because... it... has... been... proven... that... they...save... lives... in... case... of... a... bad...wreck.)

BigboyDan:
Yes, in open ocean diving it's a boat requirement. For all the reasons that one is taught to use a snorkel. Try diving on most boats without a computer... every safety device is implemented....

Most boats where....in vacation diver central? When did a computer become a saftey item?

I always wear my snorkel*. :wink:

*When required by law or professional standard.

MASS-Diver:
Most boats where....in vacation diver central? When did a computer become a saftey item?

Here's the boat rules for the live-aboards that I DM for in the Summers; pdf file:

http://www.gulf-diving.com/faq.pdf

In addition to the two DMs that work for the boat, each of the other three (dive shop provided) dive/team leaders are also DMs, that's five DMs for 30 divers; 1 DM for each six diver team.

mossym:
most places i dive you can't see the bottom 90% of the time..what are you looking at then?

Just because you can't see the bottom doesn't mean there's nothing there to see! There are lots of fish in the sea :) not all of which are on the bottom. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good bottom as much as the next guy but I'm not going to close my eyes to the rest of the sea :) I know it's very popular for some of us (very big in France) to dive the "big blue". Diving the deep ocean where one could never see the bottom. I've seen some very strange creatures (especially at night) in mid water column in both fresh and salt water.

I can lay on my back and watch puffy clouds go by at home in my front yard. When I'm in the water I cherish every second. The snorkel allows me to do just that! :)

Snorkels Rule!!!!!!

I always wear a snorkel. Never had a problem and I don't worry about looking "cool". ( mind you I use two dive computers too...)

Diver Dennis:
I always wear a snorkel. Never had a problem and I don't worry about looking "cool". ( mind you I use two dive computers too...)

WHOA!!!!

One more strike and you're out, man!

LOL :D

R..

Maybe if I dove without a snorkel I'd stop initiating a dive while still breathing through the tube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom