Do they owe us and explaination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
StSomewhere:
then rip on someone else for being one of SB's greeters. :rolleyes:
No, that was me.

DandyDon:
Yes, I'm sure DAN will try to have info on this very well known accident in their published reports two years from now, but I think some could be explained now.
What are you going to get out of an explanation now that you won't get later?

I asked you this once, but I'll ask again: If information about the accident is so crucial to diver safety that it can't wait, why are you sitting on information yourself?

I've never been to CCV, and don't know any of the parties involved, but I have to agree with Doc on this one. You're not going to know anything until the review is complete no matter how much you bellyache. If Don really wants something to be said publicly by divers that were there, why doesn't his "first hand" source speak up here and elsewhere? Could it be that the "source" can't talk about it publicly for the same reasons that CCV can't? Or is the "source" a figment of somebody's imagination?
At any rate, as far as wishing for things, there's on old saying around here, and I'm sure Don's heard it..... "Why don't you wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up the fastest"....LOL.

Whew... what a thread.

When you start you're thinking you're going to read about an accident but soon you realize the thread should be moved to the Whine & Cheeze forum right next the one titled "Edginess."

Sorry, just had to say that.

Guys, let's please tone it down a bit. Let's also keep in mind that the whole reason this thread's here is because two people died ... and chances are that friends and relatives of the deceased are likely trying to keep up with these topics to help them come to terms with their loss.

Personal attacks, innuendo about what someone may or may not know, and "digs" at each other aren't helping anyone.

If someone has something substantive to add to the conversation, let's encourage it by keeping the tone conversational, not confrontational.

Thanks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

RoatanMan:
Not I. Read prior posts with care.

Nor do I delete my posts, either from here (cdiver2) or yours (fairlybasslet aka shadymom) from CoCoChat ... y'all seem to delete your own posts rapidly enough.

I am no ambassador. I am a Curmudgeon.

Calls 'em as I sees 'em.

You are being exceedingly disingenuous. I have no power to delete posts from CCV Chat or on SB. I remember a two discussions about malaria prevention that were started on CCV Chat that were deleted. Don't know if it was you or another moderator. All I know is that a thread about malarlia was locked, as many threads on CCV chat are, and then deleted. The reason given was, there was already a thread started about malaria, even though it was many months old, and couldn't be found without a search. And the person was admonished for not doing a search.

I regretted an outburst here regarding CCV Chat, and I typed "deleted" on a thread I started. But the powers permently deleted it permently.

Like you, I call them as I see them too.

NWGratefulDiver:
Guys, let's please tone it down a bit. Let's also keep in mind that the whole reason this thread's here is because two people died ... and chances are that friends and relatives of the deceased are likely trying to keep up with these topics to help them come to terms with their loss.

Personal attacks, innuendo about what someone may or may not know, and "digs" at each other aren't helping anyone.

If someone has something substantive to add to the conversation, let's encourage it by keeping the tone conversational, not confrontational.

Thanks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

From what I see there is only one person making attacks and you seeemed to think it was ok.

***Hence, the "dig" on you may not have been necessary ... but for supporters of CCV, and those who are interested in being sensitive to the feelings of the victims families and friends ... I can see where it may seem justified.****

I think with that statment you have declared what side your on.

fairybasslet:
You are being exceedingly disingenuous. I have no power to delete posts from CCV Chat or on SB. I remember a two discussions about malaria prevention that were started on CCV Chat that were deleted. Don't know if it was you or another moderator. All I know is that a thread about malarlia was locked, as many threads on CCV chat are, and then deleted. The reason given was, there was already a thread started about malaria, even though it was many months old, and couldn't be found without a search. And the person was admonished for not doing a search.

I regretted an outburst here regarding CCV Chat, and I typed "deleted" on a thread I started. But the powers permently deleted it permently.

I had a whole thread on SB about something that IMO CCV had done wrong it was deleted because a couple of guys had cross words (a couple of posts). Yet in another thread a guy call me an anti American foreigner living in the US. This theread was locked, I hand no chance to answer and the post stayed there?

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck......

fairybasslet:
You are being exceedingly disingenuous. I have no power to delete posts from CCV Chat or on SB. I remember a two discussions about malaria prevention that were started on CCV Chat that were deleted. Don't know if it was you or another moderator.

Once again, not I- although you infered that it was. The posts are still there. Try a search. You chose to apologize any number of times, as well. My suggestion? Always decide if you'll stand by something before you try and form it into words.

fairybasslet:
All I know is that a thread about malarlia was locked, as many threads on CCV chat are, and then deleted.

No, once again Ellen, try a "search".
The thread in question was posted by a documentable troll. Their first post anywhere, with a shatteringly wild announcement that their partner got Malaria on Roatan... at another resort. They posted this on the CoCoView site, but as important as they thought it was- they NEVER posted it here, on RSD, on rec.scuba, nowhere. Once again- they were trolling. If they weren't, why didn't they disemminate this 'valuable info' on a board with some real readership.

Horsefeathers, Ellen.

fairybasslet:
The reason given was, there was already a thread started about malaria, even though it was many months old, and couldn't be found without a search. And the person was admonished for not doing a search...

Partial truth. It was bumped to the top of the list. Quite visible to any and all. And it's still there with a "search".

fairybasslet:

fairybasslet:

That is quite true, but certain issues in my personal life- I have learned to let go. It's something you have to do, lest it cloud your vision. Know what I mean?

cdiver2:
From what I see there is only one person making attacks and you seeemed to think it was ok.

***Hence, the "dig" on you may not have been necessary ... but for supporters of CCV, and those who are interested in being sensitive to the feelings of the victims families and friends ... I can see where it may seem justified.****

I think with that statment you have declared what side your on.

I'm not on either "side" ... there shouldn't be any "sides" in this discussion.

I do think saying "I know something, but I ain't gonna tell" ... and insinuating that the resort was being shady in their dealings with the public ... was a bit irresponsible.

But you are mistaken ... several people, including yourself, have made statements that are very close ... if not in fact ... personal attacks and therefore violations of ToS. And when you make statements like "And I don't care if I do get banned" ... it's a pretty clear indication that you know it.

I have asked nicely that all members moderate themselves ... nothing more. No "sides" were mentioned ... I was addressing all participants equally with a respectfully worded request. If you don't want moderators interfering with your conversation, then consider conducting that conversation responsibly.

Since I'm involved in the conversation, I am disqualified from doing any more than ask participants ... out of respect for the deceased ... to express themselves responsibly. If you cannot do that, then another moderator will have to get involved in keeping hostilities out of the conversation. This isn't the board for conversation at that level. Somehow, I think you already know that.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom