Do they owe us and explaination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrobinson:
A public inquiry here is through the government and it's agencies. In the end each division puts forth their recommendations to improve the situation, if it were to happen again. Recommendations can mean potential lawsuits but at least the cause can be determined. Why don't the victims family want this?

I'm sure they do, cause Lord knows, we all do.

Even amusement parks and travelling midway rides (you know, the guys with no teeth?) have certifying agencies.

The National Tramway Commission (?) has authority over anything that looks like a ski lift, maybe roller coasters, too?

Circus performers and their high wire acts (and nets) are also regulated.

Breathing gas standards (at a compressed air/Local Dive Shop level) ?

Is there enough $$ damage involved in diving incidents for the US Govt to care?

RoatanMan:
I'm sure they do, cause Lord knows, we all do.

Even amusement parks and travelling midway rides (you know, the guys with no teeth?) have certifying agencies.

The National Tramway Commission (?) has authority over anything that looks like a ski lift, maybe roller coasters, too?

Circus performers and their high wire acts (and nets) are also regulated.

Breathing gas standards (at a compressed air/Local Dive Shop level) ?

Is there enough $$ damage involved in diving incidents for the US Govt to care?
LOL! I see we're at least on the same page here. I hope people start demanding more inquiries locally.

This is just absolutely unbelievable to me.

Dandy Don wants to know why the people who were there aren't talking. Well, ok, I've had enough of this, so, here you go.

I was there. And I find it hard to believe that I am the only scubaboard member who was. I'm sure there are many more. Why aren't we talking about what we know? There is an excellent reason for that.

What each of us who were there knows is almost entirely based on the piecing together of individual pieces of a huge and very complicated puzzle. In most cases, there is a little tiny bit of direct involvemnet, and a whole lot of hearsay and overheard conversations. As was mentioned in the CCV original post regarding the accident, and several times since, there were no direct witnesses. That's it! Period!

You want to know the circumstances of why there were no direct witnesses? Well, that is part of the investigation. So until it is concluded, please stop the speculation, because it is inappropriate! It is no one's business except for those who are directly involved!

I challenge your source, Dandy Don, to post what he/she knows. Because I know they won't. Why would they? Because what they know isn't much. And if they claim otherwise, part of what they believe can only be speculation.

To insist CCV issue a statement regarding what they may or may not know at this stage is ridiculous. The investigation is ongoing, no final conclusions have been made, so there is nothing to say at this moment. Again, that's it!

Can you tell this has hit a sensitive spot? Yes it has! Like I said, I was there. And it took me almost 3 weeks to settle things enough in my head to feel like I was functioning normally. How do you think the other people who were involved even more closely than I feel when they read all this stuff going on here? And the families and friends of the victims?

I implore all of you, stop this, now. Please!!

Thank you, JTemple, for sharing that. Best wishes to you...

Everyone has had more than their say by now. I'm closing this thread before someone says something more that they might regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom