Do they even exist? LP tanks 13 to 19 cf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have five or six Luxfer 14CF 2015 psi cylinders. These are not manufactured or sold anymore as best I can tell. I use these for Rebreather O2 on my KISS Sprit systems. I really love them because I can usually get a good fill of O2 just with a simple trans-fill in locations that don't have a booster. They also weight less than 3000psi 13CF tanks. Win Win. If you find some for sale snatch them up.

I have five or six Luxfer 14CF 2015 psi cylinders. These are not manufactured or sold anymore as best I can tell. I use these for Rebreather O2 on my KISS Sprit systems. I really love them because I can usually get a good fill of O2 just with a simple trans-fill in locations that don't have a booster. They also weight less than 3000psi 13CF tanks. Win Win. If you find some for sale snatch them up.

@TBone. This is why. Full fill on transfill and lighter. You are right that I'll never get a full transfill into a 3000 psi bottle. But I can on a 2015 psi or a 2640 psi bottle.

And just FYI, calling it 2l or 13 cf matters not a whit with respect to total breathable gas. It's still volume @ pressure. A 2l with a working pressure of 3000 psi filled to 1500 psi contains only 1l or 6.5 cf in terms of amount of breathable gas.

@TBone. This is why. Full fill on transfill and lighter. You are right that I'll never get a full transfill into a 3000 psi bottle. But I can on a 2015 psi or a 2640 psi bottle.

And just FYI, calling it 2l or 13 cf matters not a whit with respect to total breathable gas. It's still volume @ pressure. A 2l with a working pressure of 3000 psi filled to 1500 psi contains only 1l or 6.5 cf in terms of amount of breathable gas.

you're still missing the point. Whether you are diving LP or HP tanks is irrelevant, it's all about physical volume of the tanks. You are not happy with the 4l bottles you have now because they don't get up to full pressure, but they still hold more gas than the 2l or 3l bottles, so unless you actually need that higher pressure, for reasons I can't imagine while diving, or you want a physically smaller bottle, then there really isn't that much of a reason to change.

or you want a physically smaller bottle,

Duh. What I've been saying all along. Smallest bottle with the most breathable gas on a transfill from an al-80. Do you get it now? Or are you still missing the point?

Duh. What I've been saying all along. Smallest bottle with the most breathable gas on a transfill from an al-80. Do you get it now? Or are you still missing the point?

the way the OP sounded was that you were wanting a bottle to have higher PSI, vs. physically smaller. You should be able to find used 2L or 3L in the marketplace pretty easily, but likely HP versions since the LP's haven't been made in a while

the way the OP sounded was that you were wanting a bottle to have higher PSI, vs. physically smaller. You should be able to find used 2L or 3L in the marketplace pretty easily, but likely HP versions since the LP's haven't been made in a while

Already knew that. Why I was asking if anyone knew of a source for LP.

They are available on the secondary market, but I looked on eBay and they don't have any listed.

There are no new ones except maybe at Silversteens place, Northeast Dive supply, or perhaps direct from Silent Diving in Maine.

They are available on the secondary market, but I looked on eBay and they don't have any listed.

There are no new ones except maybe at Silversteens place, Northeast Dive supply, or perhaps direct from Silent Diving in Maine.

Are they in Maine? Their website shows 'Ontario'. Never heard of them (I'm in Maine) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom