Do they even exist? LP tanks 13 to 19 cf?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Title says it. If they exist where can I buy one?

I used to own a bunch. LP steels 2 liter worthingtons. They are out of production, and I got quite a lot for them.

Faber called it the L12/L19, the Blue Steel version was the BS12/BS19, 2400 PSI DOT3AA

Title says it. If they exist where can I buy one?

yes. OMS resold Faber 2 and 3l's as 13cf, and 20cf. You can find them used from the CCR crowd reasonably easily.

Why do you want the LP versions instead of the HP versions? The HP versions are less than a pound heavier each

yes. OMS resold Faber 2 and 3l's as 13cf, and 20cf. You can find them used from the CCR crowd reasonably easily.

Why do you want the LP versions instead of the HP versions? The HP versions are less than a pound heavier each

I want a small tank I can cross fill to full pressure from a single Al 80. I've got a Blue Steel 27 that's a bit too clunky and it takes 2 Al 80's to get a full fill.

I want a small tank I can cross fill to full pressure from a single Al 80. I've got a Blue Steel 27 that's a bit too clunky and it takes 2 Al 80's to get a full fill.
You’ll have to find a used one. The 4L you have is the only one currently marketed, but I’ve seen (and overfilled) a million of the 3 liter on inspiration rebreathers. And as I said, I sold a bunch of worthingtons to some Meg divers. They like the fatties.

point still stands, why do you need a LP tank? If it's a 2L bottle, it holds the same amount of gas at 2640psi whether it's rated at 2400+ or 3442....

A 13 cf rated for 3000 psi crossfills from an al-80 at 3000 psi to 11 cf. A 13 cf rated for 2640 psi crossfills from an al-80 at 3000 psi to 12.6 cf.

A 13 cf rated for 3000 psi crossfills from an al-80 at 3000 psi to 11 cf. A 13 cf rated for 2640 psi crossfills from an al-80 at 3000 psi to 12.6 cf.

Stop thinking of them in cubic feet.
FX15's are 2L's and are the same as the LP13's
FX23's are 3L and are the same as LP19/20 *depending on Faber vs OMS, but still the same tank*

Point is liters are liters regardless of what they are called. So if you have 4L bottles now that don't work for you, then go find a 2L bottle. Doesn't matter what it's called, but you'll never get to 3000psi when transfilling. You also need to remember that the cubic footage called out is a nominal value which is why using the water volume is much more important.

What are you doing with them that you need them at working pressure?

Take a standard s-19 pony, cross fill from the 80 and you’ll have more air than the 13 or damn close.

Back
Top Bottom