Do I have to sell my VR3 to be fully DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep it and use it as an expensive bottom timer. I have a Vytec but only use it as a bottom timer. I keep it in computer mode so I can download the tissue loading onto my computer. But I don't rely on the computer to dictate my dive profile. Plan the dive and dive the plan right?

If you want to get rid of your VR3, I'll take it. :)

Jason B:
Now you got some young guys wondering who that is. :D
And they'll never figure it out. It was actually Emily Litella who said Never Mind, not Roseanne Roseannadanna. :D

holy cow, he's right

but i always think Roseanne when i think Gilda Radner

H2Andy:
this is a great quote i read (sorry for the hijack)

After each SNL show, Lorraine Newman would go off to do cocaine, Gilda
Radner binged and vomited, and Jane Curtin went home to her husband and dog.

the times that Jane Curtain ripped her shirt open during the weekend update are etched permanently in my mind.
"try these on for size Connie Chung"

I :heart: Jane Curtain

MaxBottomtime:
And they'll never figure it out. It was actually Emily Litella who said Never Mind, not Roseanne Roseannadanna. :D
Augh!!! I'm batting zero on this thread.

See ya!

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep it (sorry to those that wanted it) and use it as a bottom timer , play the octopus game while doing deco and use it for tissue saturation info.
I like my stinger, but last year it flooded at 56m. Had a battery change done on it a few weeks before...
Definitely always have the backups with me! Suunto gave me a new one for free after some letters back and forth. Problem was one of the push-buttons and not the cover seal.
Alex

Since you asked about it in the DIR forum I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but wearing redundant gear is not DIR. Your buddy is your backup. One of the things I like about DIR is the minimalist attitude they adopted from Hogarthian. If you don't need it, don't take it with you.

Huh, since when did redundant bottom timers become "not DIR"? Go figure...

I thought the ability to read a book underwater on the VR3 would've been a nice way to pass the time for long deco stops, but I'm not sure how that would work with the whole situational awareness thing. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom