DIY dive gear successes and failures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, BTW, dry burn, the lexan lens is fine, despite the heat, running sitting on my desk for 1 hour with a 75W osram bulb.

heat does not seem to be a problem, although the light head was WAY too hot to touch, all the components survived nicely :wink:

great! I see what scott is doing as far as the oring is concerned, makes sense :wink:

what size oring are you using there? 2"OD, but what, about 1/16" thick?

I dont know if the different manufactures reflectors are slightly different sizes. The GE bulb that has its own glass cover sits a little high and if not just perfect wobbles right on the edge of the light head.
This is a drawing of Scott Blair's to help illustrate what I was trying to say.

I cut down a larger oring from some equipment at work and use a little CA glue to bond the ends together.
Do you think the Airspeed book on the lights is worth the money? No doubt about the Oxy hackers!

Dectek once bubbled...
I cut down a larger oring from some equipment at work and use a little CA glue to bond the ends together.
Do you think the Airspeed book on the lights is worth the money? No doubt about the Oxy hackers!

hmmm, ok, any idea what thickness it was? I'll probably try 1/16th first, see if I can get it to work :wink:

I bought ALL of airspeeds books, and when they first arrived, I have to admit that I had my doubts that they were worth what he charges for them, But, after reading them, and looking at the amount of info in them, I have to say that they were WELL worth it!

The Oring under the lens is 2" (Slightly smaller)by 1/8 inch. It is larger than the 1/16 that comes in the light head originally.

looks great mike!

where did you get the cool gold anodizing done?

oh, and BTW, where do you get the tubing that you made your video housing out of? I've been looking for a reasonable source of 6" PVC, but can't seem to find it, and everyone I talk to wants a small fortune for acrylic. :wacko:

A company in Scarborough , Ontario
Can't remember name right now, have to look it up

I got the PVC from Johnson Industrial Plastics, Fleeze Line Rd Toronto. you have to buy a 4 ft piece though,
I lucked out because a buddy of mine needed some for another project. So we split on it.

MIke

Just tested my new light. Works great. 50W halogen almost 1hr.
I also made al back plate and I'm waiting for wings now.
At the moment i'm working on manual adition CCR. Almost done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom