Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I have tried catching up on the thread and I'm not sure, but is there room for any more divers? I'm not really sure that I could go anyways as my wife is expecting April
1st. But just maybe...

Shaun

Scuba Diving Magazine:
Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort
Score
Overall - 88.9
Staff - 90
Boats & Facilities - 86.7
Value - 90

Readers Say: "Amory Dive Resort is a great diving experience for the family. The divemasters are helpful and knowledeable about all the wrecks and dive sites. The dive boat is very spacious."

Readers Say: "The boat is quite big, and we know it can be a cattle boat when there are too man divers and snorkelers-- however, we only had a maximum of eight divers on each trip."

Boats: 1 boat, 45 feet, 4-34 divers; 1 boat, 26 feet, 6 divers.

Scuba Diving Magazine:
Amy Slate's Amory Dive Resort
Score
Overall - 86.7
Staff - 95.5
Rooms & Facilities - 74.2
Value - 90.5

Readers say: "A great combined operator and resort-- it is such a treat to wakeup , walk down to the waterfront and dive without schlepping your wet stuff out of a car trunk. It's a great value for a dive vacation"

Readers say: "I stayed in the Keys for one reason--diving--and this resort was perfect."

Features: 31 rooms (all newly renovated), beach front, complimentary light continental breakfast, heated pool.

Directly from the book :)

Attachments

• 2007 Accommodation List.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 2007 group dive rates.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 2007 group intro letter.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 2007 group room rates.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 57
Scuba Diving Magazine:
Ocean Divers
Score
Overall - 88.9
Staff - 90
Boats & Facilities - 91.7
Value - 85

Readers Say: "Ocean Divers is absolutely terrific. I was by myself and requested a guide, which they provided. Safety is a top priority as is comfort and enjoyment. THey took us to great places where there was lots of life. The next trip I make to the Keys, I will dive with them again."

Readers Say: "I am impressed with Ocean Divers. I drove about one hour to dive with them to make two specific dives in a single day. Upon arriving, I was infomed that they were not going to one of the sites (I had not been given an accurate schedule). I chose to dive anyway and at the end of the day, they gave me a certificate for a free charter with air to make the dive that I wanted to do."

Directly from the magazine =)

Attachments

• OD_Dear_Dive_Travel_Coor_2[1].doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 63
  • OD_Key_Largo_Diving_Areas[1].doc
    30 KB · Views: 215
  • OD-Group_Rate_and_Terms[1].doc
    21 KB · Views: 65
Scuba Diving Magazine:
Conch Republic Divers
Score
Overall - 96.4
Staff - 95.2
Boats & Facilities - 97.6
Value - 96.4

Readers Say: "I am really impressed with Conch Republic. The boats are always pretty full, yet they are able to get folks on and off quickly and in an organized manner. We had three people in our party with varying levels of experience, and they were able to make all of us feel at ease and make our trip enjoyable."

Readers Say: "We'd recommend them for intermediate or advanced divers only, as the wreck dives had strong currents"

This dive shop sent me a quote for a half day charter on the whole boat, which holds 12 divers, for $575 + tanks.

Excerpt pulled directly from the magazine!

Attachments

• Group rates 2007.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 103
frankc420:
This dive shop sent me a quote for a half day charter on the whole boat, which holds 12 divers, for $575 + tanks.

Excerpt pulled directly from the magazine!

That's not bad.... in fact, it's great. The general concensus on the board I think is that Conch republic divers is THE #1 outfit in the keys. at $575 for a half day charter, if we have 10 divers it comes out to $57.50 per trip, if we have 12, $47.90. Looks like we'll probably have 12 divers. But they might not have the whole boat charter rate available on memorial day weekend...

Conch republic also has 2 bedroom apartments available, perhaps someone should call and get a rate on that?

Documents are now attached to the appropriate post for each dive shop. Enjoy!

DawgDiver:
Conch republic also has 2 bedroom apartments available, perhaps someone should call and get a rate on that?

I actually have an email in with them for room rates as well. We'll see what they are! After that, I'll let everyone else decide the fate of this trip!

I also forgot to mention, Conch Divers also told me that 12 person boat can hold up to 30 easily, they simply limit their retail to 12 per person so it isn't considered a 'cattle boat'.

Conch Republic also has a disclaimer saying no group rates on holiday weekends? Did you discuss this with them by chance?

frankc420:
Yeah, do you want them back now? :D

... been wondering where they were!

Michael

utdivermatt:
Conch Republic also has a disclaimer saying no group rates on holiday weekends? Did you discuss this with them by chance?

No group rates, but charter prices still apply.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom