Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCEAN DIVERS: Bottom Line $50.00 per dive for 12 divers.

1)Tanks and weights included (they put tanks onboard for you)

2)Same price for reefs or deep wrecks. You pay a one time/once a year $10.00 medallion fee in the Keys to dive wreck dives

3)They have 2 boats available docked right by their dive shop and will take out OW on one boat and AOW on the other simultaneously am or pm and then let us join up and dive together the 2nd dive of the day. They do a night dive on Saturday night.

4)They have a nice facility with full dive ship, locked gates to stow equipment in overnight for multiple days of diving, and they have a pub and sandwich shop right there for eating and drinking before, between and after dives. (Ocean Pointe is not onsite..Marina Del Mar which is onsite is twice as high as Ocean Pointe so we will have about an 8 mile drive...big wooo:D )

5)A big plus with a group is that they offer you flexibility and they don't make you make all the decisions and pay for them before you get there. The group leader pays a $200.00 deposit and secures the dives on a credit card and is responsible for final payment. Therefore, everyone will have to settle up with the group leader before each dive so that the group leader can then pay for all dives at the end of the trip. All they ask is that we give them an idea of how many and which dives we are interested in so they can reserve enough room on the boats but it is not etched in stone. The Spiegel Grove dive is Sunday morning and she did request that we let them know the number on this trip because it is one of their most popular and she wanted to make sure that they save us enough space on this.

As Frank stated earlier today, Ocean Pointe condos is $266.00 per night (which includes taxes) sleeps 6 2br/2bth so this would be $133.00 each person for 3 nights with 6 per condo. (Even the group coordinator from Ocean Divers who uses Marina Del Mar said we couldn't beat this rate for Memorial Day Weekend)

Come on guys, I know you can come up with endless combinations, but I don't think we are going to beat these rates and flexibility. So lets get in agreement. I have put one condo in my name. Howard is willing to put a 2nd one in his name if you guys are willing to commit. So lets have it...all in favor say I....I

Even if you put 5 in a room instead of 6, you are talking $160.00 for 3 nights instead of $133.00. Commit now and then if you find the 6th person you save $30.00 later. Be realistic guys. Where are you gonna dive for $50 for a 2 tank dive and pay $44 (6ppl) to $53 (5ppl) per night to sleep?? And no, Ocean Pointe does not provide breakfast. All meals are on your own. Hey, I'm not a LDS and I'm not making anything on this. We are taking the free group leader and dividing it out and passing the savings on to everyone. We do want everyone who wants to go to be able to go and have a good time.

PS Frank made a suggestion that those interested in doing the free Cristal Charter Dive could do a night dive with them on Saturday night to take advantage of their free dive.

If I stay in Howards room, if his son doesn't take the 2nd queen, I have dibs! Anyone (any one person) is welcome to sleep in it w/ me but, no touching... I don't swing dat way mmm'k!

If you snore, please bunk w/ someone else that does also! Thanks!

Come on guys, I know you can come up with endless combinations, but I don't think we are going to beat these rates and flexibility. So lets get in agreement. I have put one condo in my name. Howard is willing to put a 2nd one in his name if you guys are willing to commit. So lets have it...all in favor say I....I

I'm game! Put me down for 4 dive trips... (Don't forget, tax on the dives, 7.5%)

mike_s:
I know one of the resorts that you were considering was Amoray's and you were looking for people who had been there. this recent trip report just posted in another thread on Amoray's.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=178759

THANKS for the info Mike. I am glad we decided to scrap that one.:)

Denise tells me we now have both rooms set to 5 people.

There will be 12 divers (that have been counted) going on this trip. 2 of which are using Best Western points to get a room... :)

If you have a friend that wants to come, I'm sure something can be arranged for floor space, a spot on the pullout w/ whoever is lucky enough to get it, etc...

I recommended that Denise have everyone send $100 to her to secure their spots as a non-refundable deposit, but I'm not sure if she's going to do that.. :)

Alright well I'm down with the sickness..... err, i mean, i'm in!

How many dive trips are we gonna be doing?

I personally want to dive, Saturday morning, evening, and night(freebie w/ Cristal Clear), and Sunday morning,evening..

What about everyone else? I'm obviously at the mercy of the car driver!

frankc420:
I'm obviously at the mercy of the

gang leader which is me....

if you are going to ride with me, you might need to get to my house a day early. I have alot of chores that need to be done before we can leave...wash the truck and trailer, load it, mow the lawn, clean the pool and hot tub, rake the yard, clean out the gutters, take out the trash, I'll keep working on my list........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom