Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420:
Here's a plan since no1 else has posted one:
Monday - Hugs and goodbyes, we all head home!

frankc420:
I'm irritated at this point...

Well no wonder you are irritated....we only get to hug once????:wink:

So who is against canceling any reservations that are already made and everyone going through Amoray? For diving and lodging? It's the cheapest route all together.

I'm sure to some people the $$ isn't a problem, but to some it is (like myself).

I think it would be in bad taste for Denise to cancell res with people she has a past with and also enjoyed using before for just a few bucks. I understand your problem but these plans were made a while back. I agree that those are great prices, I just wished you would have chimed in when the plans were being made. I dont want this to sound harsh if it did but its only my opinion.
If Denise feels comfortable doing it its fine with me .
I doubt she will when shes used these peple before.
I hpoe we can get something setup for all of you guys,because I look forward to diving and partying with all. Just my 2 cents

You guys are already making this trip a PITA... I don't see why I'm even bothering. This is why big trips like this never work, because someone jumps the gun w/o checking for pricing etc and all hell breaks loose. It wouldn't be so bad if the coordinator of this trip was even involved in getting prices etc, but he isn't, due to time @ work etc...

At this point I regret even stepping up to the plate to try and help get this trip scheduled and ready for EVERYONE to enjoy themselves, TOGETHER. Everytime I try to do something helpful, someone puts in their 2 cents of crap. I hope this doesn't offend anyone <laughs>

IMO, that room should have never been booked. It was your group looking out for yourselves, when this is supposed to be a 'club' type trip, which means all rooms for all parties should have been booked at the SAME time.

But, what can I say, I wasn't in on the initial 500+ posts on planning.

At this point, you guys figure it out, I'm game to go diving.

All I want is a final price, a ride, and somewhere to sleep. If you want the pricing information I've already received, PM me and I'll email it to you.

I'm done helping. Will save me a LOT of headache and frustration. And I'm sure it will make everyone happy!

Panties in a wad?

:wink:

Michael

C'mon Michael, give him a break. From what I can see Frank has done a whole lot of research, trying to get the absolute best deal possible for this trip. While it does help him, I am sure he is doing it for the good of the whole group. It also seems alot of his ideas have been ignored by most, which would tend to irk anyone. You say he didnt chime in his ideas during the planning phase, but what time is it now? It seems to me that 3 months in advance should still be the planning period. If you talk about time from the first place being suggested to it being booked, that was just a couple of days. Maybe it isnt the best idea for trying to do this trip cheap, but at least hear him out. I for one really liked his idea. At the least, dont kick him while he is down. Geez.

Frank, thank you. You have done a lot of leg work for us, getting prices at a place that seems to be the best value and working up an AOW class. Since I have only really seen your prices since yesterday, I have had limited time to devote to doing pricing. I sent you a couple of PM's on the subject. I like the prices at Amoray. I'd also like someone to say, hey I stayed there and it is a great place or it is a not so great place. We already have had someone say that Ocean Pointe was a good place to stay. So, has anyone, stayed at Amoray? Has anyone dove with this shop?

philmottrek99and02:
So, has anyone, stayed at Amoray? Has anyone dove with this shop?

Howard, I don't think any of this crowd has stayed there, but there are other threads that speak favorably of Amoray as a resort and dive op.

however, note the above comment I made about how crowded I saw their dive boat on a holiday weekend 2 years ago. I just mention this so you can check to see what their policy is before booking there, or perhaps your group can get one of their smaller 6 or 12 passenger boats devoted to your group.

I will say one thing. It's really nice to stay where you are diving from. It makes getting to the dive op in the morning a whole lot easier.

One more thing. Amoray was also recenty rated in the Feb issue of Scuba Diving Magazine in the "Reader Rating" section. There is a small write up in there about them.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom