Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420:
It's football, who cares, your in the wrong thread kids :D

Football season is over, talk about it next season, until then, it's rednecks going in circles and SCUBA diving for us!

Poor frank.... Ole Miss had a bad year.... again. :rofl3:

We won't even talk about those "other" bulldogs.

Ok, i'm done with the football talk till september. :D

back on topic, I'm really excited about this trip....

Basketball anyone?

Ok... yeah... back on topic... Can we plan our dives in advance? Like where we want to go? Never saw a real answer to that?

SATURDAY
8:00am
(two boats you choose destination)​

Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice*

or​

Snapper Ledge
Aquarium

1:00pm

Fire Coral Caves
Pillar Coral

NIGHT
Molasses Reef

--------------------

SUNDAY
8:00am

Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice

or

Eagle Ray Alley
Fire Coral Caves

1:00pm

Snapper Ledge
Pickles Reef

or​

USCGC Duane+
Molasses Reef

+Denotes "advanced" dive.
For this dive, the diver MUST be certified as

PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)

OR

show logbook verification of two dives to 80ft
or deeper within the past 12 months.

This is their typical dive schedule. It changes based on ocean conditions and majority diver preferences. If you are interested in something else, they will usually accomodate a change. One month in advance, we have to send them the deposit, a list of divers, their experience levels and their diving preferences.

I had seen that. I just didnt know if since it seems we have most, if not all the boat, if we can choose to change those. That was the thought behind the question

utdivermatt:
Basketball anyone?

Ok... yeah... back on topic... Can we plan our dives in advance? Like where we want to go? Never saw a real answer to that?

Howards going to come back and go:

" w.t.f. ? I thought I started a new thread for this trip?"

Actually I bet he comes back and goes:

'why is mike posting on my thread? He isnt good enough to go with us!'

I think i'd probably opt to do the Spiegel grove on saturday morning, and do the duane sunday pm. Mix it up a bit, and still get some good reefs in.

utdivermatt:
I had seen that. I just didnt know if since it seems we have most, if not all the boat, if we can choose to change those. That was the thought behind the question

We will hardly be the only ones on the boat. They have two boats that hold about 26 people each. The wreck dives would not vary unless the dive had to be called because of weather conditions but they vary the shallow reef dives based on more favorable conditions elsewhere, majority diver preference, etc.

The only thing I think I would really change in Sat afternoon. I would like to see either the Bibb, or the Eagle (I think its the Eagle). Also, Im surprised they dont have any to the Benwood in there. For a shallow dive, I thought the Benwood had more life than alot of the reefs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom