Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably the ability to interact with the rest of the Apple ecosystem. It's hard for me to imagine a feature that would tempt me to forgo my Watch's interaction with my iPhone and associated software, especially the health and fitness apps.
Descent Mk2 has built in activity profiles for just about every sport you can imagine. And for fitness analytics (including sleep tracking and calorie counting), Garmin Connect is generally superior to anything in the Apple ecosystem. But it can't download medical records from other providers like Apple.
One other limitation for iPhone users is that third-party smart watches can't be used to reply to text messages (only view them). In anti-competitive and anti-consumer move, Apple locked down that API so it can only be used by their own watch.

Another one....
Seiko Tuna SBBN031
1656021516147.png

More eye candy
I don't own these although I did have the Tuna at one point but sold it to pay for a dive trip.
Oris Diver Sixty-Five
1656021634108.png

I would love to have a plain Jane Rolex Submariner (no date window, please). I would dive the H--- out of it, too.

Problem is, I can't afford one. I can't even afford the cost of its periodic routine service!

Instead, I wear a much, much, much less expensive "homage", a Steinhart OVM ("Ocean Vintage Military", Review: Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military - Worn & Wound). I wear it daily, and it is my working dive watch. In fact, it's on my right wrist in my avatar.

rx7diver

Just saw this article: Rare Rolex Milsub fetches £155k - Divernet.

rx7diver

noice.

I was just given this by my son. I’ll wear it daily, but no way would I risk losing it on a dive

Wait! Left-handed watch??!!

ETA: Just read about Sinn. This is a new brand to me. Seems neat! Congrats. Seems that they are made to be used. I would dive it. (I would probably wear it on a NATO strap, though, for diving.)

rx7diver

You mean right handed?
No, I meant "lefthander's watch" (i.e., watch for southpaws). We lefthanders often wear our watches on our right wrists. I was looking at the "wrong-sided" crown. The Sinn website just explained it to me, though: "Crown on the left side of the case to prevent pressure on the back of the hand".

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom