Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus! Can we please bring this thread back to the eye candy for which it was initially intended?
Done. Invicta Pro Diver.

ipd.jpg

that's what i'm talking about. Anyone have any sexy pics of the Blancpain 50 fathoms?

You need to set some parameters straight there bud. What you said id purely anecdotal (no offense intended).

Your dive computer will be 1.000.000 times more accurate and precise than you EVERY SECOND in real time at all times.

Please lets keep things real for the sake of other divers that have less experience or no experience at all with the US Navy / Recreational Dive Tables. I already pointed out that a Mares Smart or an Oceanic BUD clip-on DC are around the 200€ mark, that's around the same price as a (discontinued) Seiko SKX007 or Citizen Marine Promaster.

If someone is so worried on backup instruments and safety, investing that much shouldn't be a problem.
"If someone is so worried on backup instruments and safety" it should be resolved by educating him/herself on basic deco principles not by investing in another DC.
For the same profile, different computers or the same computers with different settings will give you different information so how can you say that they are accurate? Precise yes but which one is correct?
I have nothing against DC and you are right that a cheap basic one is a good choice but, here, we are talking about diving with a watch and yes, even if you don't agree, a watch is also a good option to monitor your diving parameters.

I'm kind of lusting after this one...

1655825919872.png

Its the Captain Willard re-imagined in black and a slightly larger case.

And Ramadan is supposed to teach me the difference between need and want. Oh well.

IMG_20220621_130023.jpg

Citizen bn0100-42e. I don't dive it much anymore, but still wear it on boats.

Jesus! Can we please bring this thread back to the eye candy for which it was initially intended?

Just for you, my most prized possession, the dive watch my parents gave me when I graduated from university many blue moons ago and my becoming a dive instructor (within two weeks of each other). They gave this watch to me when my mother came to visit in the US after almost ten years of not being able to see each other. I am saving it to pass down to my elder son when he earns his PhD if I ever see him again.

1655832745160.jpeg

Just for you, my most prized possession, the dive watch my parents gave me when I graduated from university many blue moons ago and my becoming a dive instructor (within two weeks of each other). They gave this watch to me when my mother came to visit in the US after almost ten years of not being able to see each other. I am saving it to pass down to my elder son when he earns his PhD if I ever see him again.

View attachment 729496
Alhamdulillah.

That is a beautiful story, brother.

Please read my other post, a backup DC cost the same or less than a dive watch while it takes away all the additional hassle. It is a misconception that DCs are expensive. They can be but not the entry level ones.
Yet your original post said you want it to be the same DC.

Sure.

1. I NEVER had a dive computer dying on me UW in 20+ years. Others might.
2. I own a D5 and a D9. If I am going to do some deep diving, I will wear both.
3. I know how deep I am and my Dive Time as I also use a Cressi Digi2 SPG that also tells me how much air I have left at my current breathing rate in addition to my Air Integrated DC.
4. I do follow the buddy system religiously and I mean RELIGIOUSLY. The 2-3 people I dive with understand the importance of this so we keep at arms reach at all times. They also have their own dive computers. If mine(s) fail, we use theirs.
5. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM aborting a dive if necessary.

As I said, there's no need for overcomplicating things. I need no drills, no tables calculations, no slates, no stress. IF for you this is part of the 'hobby' and you enjoy the process, that's fine with me. The whole point was that in general, a dive watch has little use when DCs do more things, safer, faster and much more accurately.
I dive under the “$hit can happen” mind set. I also never ever rely on someone else to “save/help” me. So I do every thing with multiple back ups including using different types of devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom